Catholic schools have been delivering excellence in education to Sydney school students for 200 years. Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) continues to be a thriving and growing contemporary educational community with 150 schools, more than 71,000 current students, 10,000 staff and a large alumni community.
PRINCIPAL | K-6 | 569 Students
Our Lady of Fatima Catholic Primary School Caringbah
Commencement Date: Term 1, 28 January 2022
Closing Date: Wednesday, 1 December 2021
Our Lady of Fatima Catholic Primary School, Caringbah is located in the heart of the Sutherland Shire. Our School strives to promote excellence in education and a love of lifelong learning in the 21st century. Our school is committed to the identification of students’ individual learning styles, and how best to stimulate and support their learning through the implementation of specialised programs including gifted education and intervention programs for students with specialised needs.
At Our Lady of Fatima, students have the opportunity to engage in a range of STEM activities utilising digital technologies to develop understanding based on evidence and reason. Skills developed in these areas enable students to participate responsibly in developing innovative ideas and solutions in response to questions and situations relevant to personal, social and environmental issues.
Our school values positive relationships with schools in our network, and partnerships to provide rich learning opportunities across various key learning areas, ensuring students are stretched and challenged in their learning.
The ideal leader will continue to support the staff to learn alongside one another, encouraging a collaborative practice approach, and enhancing the strengths and diversity of all staff, while igniting a love of Christ through excellent teaching and learning.
- Are you an innovative educator ready to take the next step in your professional journey?
- Are you committed to lead a dynamic Catholic school of the future?
- Is the value of community important to you?
- Are you energised by creating experiences that challenge schools, students, teachers and parents to achieve and grow in ways they never thought possible?
- Can you build a great team and strong relationships that are faith-filled and optimistic?
- Do you actively contribute to the life, mission and work of the Catholic faith community?
In this exciting and rewarding role, you will be involved in making a difference in the lives of young people by:
- making explicit, through witness and example, the mission of Catholic schools
- leading strategic change through consultation and collaboration with stakeholders
- developing innovative programs to address individual students’ needs
- improving student outcomes by improving the effectiveness of teaching and learning
- creating a school-wide professional learning culture
- monitoring the performance and organisational health of the school to identify ways to improve the educational experience
- promoting a culture of informed decision-making, transparency and collaboration incorporating the use of data
- leading as part of a Network in establishing a compelling pre to post educational experience
- examining the context of the broader community and global educational trends for the benefit of the school.
You will have attained:
- a Masters in Educational Leadership or another educational discipline
- the requirements of (Category E) in the Accreditation Policy to Work Teach and Lead in Sydney Catholic Schools or agree to meet these requirements in your first contract term.
As an educational leader, you will champion and support the ongoing personal and professional development of yourself and your team. Strategically your vision will be to build and foster a culture of continuous improvement and sustainability in all areas within your school.
SCS offers a generous salary package for school leadership positions and the salaries for SCS Principal roles are available at https://sydcatholicschools.nsw.edu.au/careers/.
Submit your application via the ‘Apply’ button and follow the steps to complete your application.
If you have any questions, please contact the Recruitment team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working With Children Check (WWCC)
This role is classified as child-related work and therefore requires a WWCC clearance prior to commencement of employment.
COVID-19 Vaccination Evidence
Sydney Catholic Schools is committed to ensuring the safety of our staff, students and school communities. In line with the Public Health (COVID-19 Vaccination of Education Care Workers) Order 2021, all of our staff are required to provide Vaccination Evidence that is compliant with the Order as a condition of employment. Compliance with the Order and providing the evidence is an essential requirement of employment with Sydney Catholic Schools.
To know and love Christ through learning.
Thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning.
Truth, empathy, excellence, curiosity, and collaboration.