Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is responsible for the leadership of 150 Catholic primary and secondary schools across the Archdiocese of Sydney, which educates more than 70,000 students. Our mission is to know and love Christ through learning and our vision is to foster thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning. At the heart of all we do are our core values of empathy, curiosity, excellence, collaboration and truth.
Marist College Eastwood is a Catholic secondary school for boys with a strong history of Marist tradition since 1937. At Marist College, we promote our students’ successes academically, on the sporting fields and in performing arts. We support our Marist boys to grow into young men of dual purpose; formative of their hearts and minds, and encourage them to know how to seek God and to work in the service of others.
PRINCIPAL | 7-12 | 870 Students
Marist College, Eastwood
Commencement Date: 27 January 2021
Closing Date: 29 November 2020
- Are you an innovative educator ready to take the next step in your professional journey?
- Do you think you can lead a dynamic Catholic school of the future?
- Is the value of community pivotal to you?
- Are you energised by creating experiences that challenge schools, students, teachers and parents to achieve and grow in ways they never thought possible?
- Can you build a great team and strong relationships that are faith-filled and optimistic?
- Do you actively contribute to the life, mission and work of the Catholic faith community?
In this exciting and rewarding role, you will be involved in making a difference in the lives of young people by:
- making explicit the mission of Catholic schools’ and being able to lead for mission through witness and example
- leading strategic change
- developing innovative programs to address the needs of a particular student
- improving student outcomes by improving the effectiveness of teaching and learning
- creating a school-wide professional learning culture
- monitoring the performance and organisational health of the school to identify ways to improve student learning
- promoting a culture of informed decision-making, transparency and collaboration around the use of data
- leading change through consultation and collaboration with stakeholders
- examining the context of the broader community and global educational trends.
You will also:
- hold or be pursuing a Postgraduate Qualification in Education, Leadership, Theology or equivalent
- meet the requirements of (Category E) in the Accreditation Policy to Work Teach and Lead in Sydney Catholic Schools or agree to meet these requirements in your first contract term.
As an educational leader, you will champion and support ongoing personal and professional development within yourself and your team. Strategically your vision will be to build and foster a culture of continuous improvement and sustainability in all areas within your school.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE and follow the prompts.
Alternatively, if you are a current Sydney Catholic Schools LTD employee, please CLICK HERE to apply.
For further information, you can contact Emma Gleeson on 0436 847 683 or send an email via firstname.lastname@example.org
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as child-related work and therefore require a Working With Children Clearance before the commencement of employment.