In 200 years of delivering excellence in education, Sydney Catholic Schools ‘SCS’ has grown alongside the city’s dynamic, ever-changing, multicultural landscape. With 150 schools, more than 70,000 students, and around 10,000 staff, we are a thriving community of communities.
At Sydney Catholic Schools we are looking for a PeopleSoft Technical Consultant to join our team to provide high level support and expertise. This role is specifically responsible for implementing system enhancements and providing technical solutions of PeopleSoft to Sydney Catholic Schools and 3 other Dioceses.
Reporting directly to the Supervisor: PeopleSoft, this role is a full time permanent position currently located in Leichhardt with a planned relocation to Sydney CBD in the coming months.
As a PeopleSoft Technical Consultant, your main responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical support in design, development, testing, and deployment of our Peoplesoft applications
- implementing change requests and performing system improvements and enhancements based on the business needs
- being the first point of contact for technical system support to the business key stakeholders and end users of the PeopleSoft system
- fostering and maintaining relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and provide education on how to navigate the PeopleSoft software applications
- taking the lead on technical decisions based on presented alternatives and options based on best practice methodologies
- completing development and unit testing documentation, in collaboration with the Help Desk Support and Application Testers
- managing time effectively and prioritise to meet deadlines and SLA’s
- collaborating and providing support to team members.
- Demonstrated experience in providing PeopleSoft technical deliverables
- Proven experience in all technical phases of the System Development Life Cycle(SDLC) with primary focus on design, development, unit testing and Production deployment and Post-Implementation Support
- Strong stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- Strong problem solving/analytical thinking
- Ability to deliver a high level of work quality whilst maintaining a high level of productivity
- Collaborative, adaptable and flexible with a willingness to take on tasks of different nature
- Experience in providing technical support in a BAU operations environment of PeopleSoft HR and/or Global Payroll.
- Conduct and lead workshops to discuss technical design/solution for system improvements
- Technical PeopleSoft knowledge in PeopleTools, PeopleCode, Application Engine, Integration Broker, SQR reports, SQL, Component interfaces, security,workflow, PL/SQL, Oracle Database, Application Designer andPS Queries
- An understanding of Agile principles advantageous
- Willingness to respect, support and uphold the mission, ethos and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of Sydney Catholic Schools.
To apply for this position please click Apply Now and follow the prompts.
To support your application, you will be required to provide:
- Your current resume
- Cover letter including the targeted questions below
Targeted Question 1: Outline your experience using the different modules and products of PeopleSoft?
Targeted Question 2: Outline your knowledge and experience working with PeopleSoft HCM?
Closing Date: Sunday 1 August 2021
General Enquiries: Please contact the People and Culture team, referencing the advertised position and requisition number 1693, via email to email@example.com
This is a child-related position, and a Working with Children Check is a prerequisite for anyone in child-related work. It involves a national criminal history check and a review of findings of workplace misconduct. Also, as a permanent position, you need to be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Please Note: As per the Role Description our internal job title for this position is PHRIS(PeopleSoft) Technical Officer.