At Sydney Catholic Schools we are looking for a PeopleSoft Helpdesk support/Tester to join our team to provide quality test planning and execution alongside support for key stakeholders. This role is specifically responsible for second level support of our PeopleSoft System with a primary focus on testing.
Reporting directly to the Supervisor: PeopleSoft, this role is a full time permanent position currently located in Leichhardt with planned relocation to a CBD office in September.
As a PeopleSoft Helpdesk Support/Tester, your main responsibilities will include:
- Preparing phase level test plans and executing test phase activities including System Integration, End-to-End and Regression Testing
- Developing test conditions and test cases for phase level testing
- Recording test data, defect management and status reporting
- First point of contact for system support to the key stakeholders
- Handle responses to day to day enquiries
- Providing Level 2 functional support to the business users, including troubleshooting
- Providing user training and the transfers of knowledge to the business where needed
- Foster and maintain relationships and educate key internal stakeholders
- Perform manual workarounds for incidents that cannot be solved promptly
- Managing time effectively and prioritise to meet deadlines and SLA’s
- Experience in test planning and execution
- Extensive test process knowledge and experience
- High attention to detail in test execution, with a fine eye for identifying and reporting defects
- Ability to analyse and translate business requirements and functional specifications into testing requirements
- Helpdesk support experience
- Functional knowledge of PeopleSoft (advantageous)
- Ability to work effectivity in a team
- Strong problem solving/analytical thinking
- Ability to deliver a high level of work quality whilst maintaining high level of productivity.
- willingness to respect, support and uphold the mission, ethos and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of Sydney Catholic Schools.
To apply for this position please Apply Now and follow the prompts.
To support your application, you will be required to provide:
- Your current resume
- Cover letter addressing the selection criteria
Closing Date: Sunday, 25 July 2021 at 11:59pm.
General Enquiries: Please contact the People and Culture team, referencing the advertised position and requisition number 1750, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you encounter technical issues please contact the People & Culture Services team on (02) 9568 8297 (Mon-Fri).
This is a child-related position, and a Working with Children Check is a prerequisite for anyone in child-related work. It involves a national criminal history check and a review of findings of workplace misconduct. Also, as a permanent position, you need to be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.