Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) has been delivering excellence in education to Sydney school students for 200 years. SCS continues to be a thriving and growing contemporary educational community with over 150 schools, more than 71,000 current students,10,000 staff and a large alumni community. Our schools are established by the Church to support parents with their responsibility for the faith formation of their children.
The Network K-12 Religious Education Officer role focuses on using education data to improve system outcomes and achieve excellence in Religious Education and curricular outcomes across schools and Networks.
The Network K-12 Religious Education Officer is required to perform tasks that include but are not limited to:
- Analysing school, system and network data to identify trends and issues in Religious Education curriculum and outcomes.
- Working with the Specialist: Religious Education to develop a cohesive religious education plan for Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) networks and schools.
- Undertaking statistical analysis utilising school and network data, demographics, and other key information to prepare reports on religious education student outcomes.
- Undertaking internal and external research into contemporary educational pedagogies, emerging educational theories and national and international trends in religious education.
- Effectively communicating research and data analysis in a clear, concise and meaningful way to a wide range of stakeholders and senior audiences using a range of written, verbal and visual methods, and to publication standards.
- Utilising research and data analysis to develop a range of professional learning modules, both online and face-to-face, teaching resources, policies and practices for schools and networks in religious education.
- Developing a suite of religious education curricular materials including texts, tests and assessments, online sites, portals and engaged communities for the sharing of knowledge between schools and network staff.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or Teaching.
- Graduate Diploma, Master in Religious Education or Theological Studies.
- Demonstrated five years minimum teaching experience in a school.
- Experienced in leading staff in professional learning.
- Demonstrated success in improving student outcomes.
- Demonstrated success in implementing school-wide initiatives.
- Experienced in using data analysis to inform educational initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate contemporary educational trends in both local and international contexts.
- Demonstrated high order written, oral and presentation skills.
- Ability to respect, support and uphold the mission, ethos and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of Sydney Catholic Schools.
- Is a Baptised Catholic with demonstrated evidence of ongoing commitment to the teachings of the Catholic Church and engagement in the life of a Catholic faith community such as a parish or an established community within the Catholic Church, as an expression of their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Education Officers are required to be qualified and NESA accredited teachers.
- Education Officers are required to operate at the Highly Accomplished or Lead level of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
- Accreditation to ‘Teach Religious Education’ in the Archdiocese of Sydney (Category D), in accordance with the “Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic schools” policy within the Archdiocese of Sydney.
- Typically, Accreditation or Provisional Accreditation for Senior Leadership in a Catholic School (Category E), in accordance with the “Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic schools” policy.
- Typically a post-graduate qualification in Religious Education or Theology or Theological Studies at Graduate Diploma or Master or higher, or a Bachelor of Theology.
- Postgraduate qualification in Education.
- Five years of senior leadership experience in a school (e.g. Religious Education Coordinator or higher).
To apply for this position please click the Apply button and follow the prompts.
To support your application, you will be required to provide:
- Your current resume
- Cover letter
- Referees that include your current and previous Principal and the Parish Priest of your place of regular worship
Working With Children Clearance
This role is classified as child-related work and therefore requires a Working With Children Clearance to be completed prior to commencement of employment.
To know and love Christ through learning.
Thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning.
Truth, empathy, excellence, curiosity and collaboration.