Location: Central Office, Leichhardt
Commencement Date: Immediate start or by negotiation
Closing Date: 4 June 2020
Who are we?
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is responsible for the leadership of 150 Catholic primary and secondary schools across the Archdiocese of Sydney, which educates more than 70,000 students. Our mission is to know and love Christ through learning and our vision is to foster thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning. At the heart of all we do are our core values of empathy, curiosity, excellence, collaboration and truth.
About the role
The Manager: Property and Facilities is the leadership role for school design, masterplanning, facilities building maintenance and capital works. This includes leading a team of property professionals, strategic planning of the SCS property portfolio, analysis of demographic trends, project prioritisation, service delivery, including procurement and contract management of hard and soft service suppliers with a broad goal of optimising the use of the portfolio while reducing operating costs. This function also services a portfolio of various enterprise real estate as well as manage the development of new sites and establish partnerships to improve the utilisation of the property assets.
Some of the role responsibilities include:
- Developing facilities that will maximise the use of the resources of the system and school.
- Prepare long term strategic plans for the system and schools.
- Manage projects to agreed budgets and system financial benchmarks and limits.
- Development of school master plans.
- Develop and implement maintenance programs to ensure the safe and effective operation of schools and SCS buildings.
- Develop and implement a quality assurance system across all facets of the Property and Planning team.
- Implementation of standard information management system for Projects and Facilities Management.
- Risk management with priority for safety issues or concerns in schools, project teams and contractors.
- Tertiary qualifications in Architecture or Project Management or related discipline.
- Proven leadership and communications skills for a large complex team including design, maintenance and project delivery professionals.
- A track record of managing complex stakeholder consultation, managing large project teams, pipelines of project work through initiation, design and construction, procurement.
- Strong risk management experience in developing protocols through the design, construction and maintenance management.
- Strong governance and reporting experience including implementation of assurance systems.
- Sound knowledge of building code and Australian Standards relative to the operation of school buildings and be financially savvy in managing budgets and expenditure.
- Proven experience in the management of a capital budget of $600m+ over the next 5 years and annual maintenance budget of $30m.
- Proven experience in contemporary design, building, sustainable and safe work practices.
- Experience in providing advice regarding the creative implementation and delivery of complex infrastructure projects in the education sector.
Please APPLY HERE and follow the steps to complete your application and be considered for this opportunity.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact the recruitment team via email@example.com
Working with Children Check
This role is classified as a child-related work endeavour and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.