Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is responsible for 150 Catholic primary and secondary schools across the Archdiocese of Sydney, educating more than 70,000 students. Our mission is to know and love Christ through learning and our vision is to foster thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning. At the heart of all we do are our core values of empathy, curiosity, excellence, collaboration and truth.
Marist Catholic College North Shore is a K-12 co-educational school located in the heart of North Sydney. Commencing in 2021, Marist Catholic College will be one school with unlimited possibilities. St Mary’s Catholic Primary School and Marist College North Shore will combine to form a multi-campus education precinct. The school will be underpinned by enduring Catholic values. It will utilise innovative learning design and delivery that seeks to prepare students for a future of life-long learning promoting curiosity, respect and courage.
Principal K-12| Marist Catholic College, North Shore
Commencement Date: January 2021
Closing Date: 24 September 2020
- Are you an innovative educator ready to take the next step in your professional journey?
- Do you think you can lead a dynamic Catholic school of the future?
- Are you energised by creating experiences that challenge schools, students, teachers and parents to achieve and grow in ways they never thought possible?
- Can you build a great team and strong relationships that are faith-filled and optimistic?
- Do you actively contribute to the life, mission and work of the Catholic faith community?
In this exciting and rewarding role, you will be involved in making a difference in the lives of young people by:
- making explicit the mission of the church through pastoral witness
- leading strategic change
- building the capacity of staff especially school leaders
- improving student outcomes by improving the effectiveness of teaching and learning
- creating a consistent and collaborative K-12 learning culture for students and staff
- monitoring the performance and organisational health of the precinct to identify ways to improve student learning
- promoting a culture of informed decision-making, transparency and collaboration
- leading change through consultation and collaboration
- examining broader community and global educational trends.
You will also:
- hold or be engaging in studies in a Postgraduate Qualification in Education, Leadership, Theology or a relevant discipline
- meet the requirements of Category E in the Accreditation Policy to Work, Teach and Lead in Sydney Catholic Schools or agree to meet these requirements in your first contract term.
As an educational leader, you will champion and support ongoing personal and professional development in yourself and your team. Your vision will be to strategically build and foster a culture of continuous improvement and sustainability in all areas of the school.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE.
Alternatively, if you are a current Sydney Catholic Schools Ltd employee, please CLICK HERE to apply.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child-related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed before your commencement.
WHAT TO EXPECT
All shortlisted applicants are required to participate in a series of online psychometric assessments. This is an individual assessment and should take approximately 15-20 minutes to complete.