Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is looking for passionate and enthusiastic Instrumental Tutors to join our growing Amadeus Music Education Program in teaching Strings (Violin, Viola, Cello) Woodwind (Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone) Brass (Trumpet, Baritone, Tuba). We have flexible opportunities available to enable and inspire our students through Music.
We are looking for outstanding individuals to deliver SCS Primary and Secondary Instrumental Music Program within a number of schools:
- East Hills Area: (Bankstown, Bass Hill, Georges Hall, Milperra, Padstow, Panania, Revesby) – STRINGS ONLY
- Horsley Area: (Fairfield, Holsworthy, Liverpool, Moorebank, Smithfield, Villawood)
Reporting through the Education and Research Directorate and directly to Principals, working across a number of schools, you will be responsible for guiding and directing students in an extensive Instrumental Music Program. You will have demonstrated the ability to inspire young people to play an instrument and perform.
Your major accountabilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Delivery of the SCS Instrumental Music program, linked to the contexts studied within Classroom Music
- Teaching small group tuition within a family of instruments (Strings – Violin, Viola, Cello )
- Leading and conducting instrumental ensembles according to the area of expertise- ensembles may include but are not limited to: String Ensemble, Concert Band and Orchestra.
- Working collaboratively with leadership teams, other Instrumental Tutors and Primary and Secondary Music Teachers to ensure the smooth running of school performances and events
- Identification of maintenance required on instruments and providing basic maintenance where possible
- Assisting with the allocation, distribution and collection of instruments with regards to instrument maintenance
- Other administrative tasks as required
- Experienced and highly skilled musician and tutor
- Ability to work in a team across multiple schools
- Ability to inspire young people to find their passion in Music
- Ability to motivate all students at differing levels of ability and implement appropriate adjustments and differentiation where required
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Willingness to work outside regular school hours for performances and events
- A willingness to support the Catholic ethos of Sydney Catholic Schools, and to coordinate music required for masses and liturgical celebrations when required
- A Tertiary Qualification in Music, or currently studying Music at Tertiary level
- Experience in conducting ensembles
- Experience in staging performance events
- Proficiency with the Google Suite, including Google Sites.
- Successful applicants are entitled to paid leave, school holiday periods and superannuation.
- These positions require travel within the East Hills Network of schools usually within a close distance – adequate travel time will be provided.
To apply for this position please click APPLY NOW
Within your application please provide the following:
- A one-page Cover Letter which outlines how you meet the criteria above
- A resume
If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via firstname.lastname@example.org
Working with Children Check
This role is classified as a child-related work endeavour and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us
COVID-19 VACCINATION EVIDENCE
Sydney Catholic Schools is committed to ensuring the safety of our staff, students and school communities. In line with the Public Health (COVID-19 Vaccination of Education and Care Workers) Order 2021, all of our staff are required to provide Vaccination Evidence that is compliant with the Order as a condition of employment. Compliance with the Order and providing the evidence is an essential requirement of employment with Sydney Catholic Schools.
To know and love Christ through learning
To foster thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching
Empathy, curiosity, excellence, collaboration and truth.