Instrumental Tutors | K-6 | 465 students
Our Lady of Fatima Catholic Primary School, Kingsgrove
Commencement date: Term 3, 2023
Contract: Part-time (0.2FTE), 3 year contract
About Sydney Catholic Schools
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is looking for passionate and enthusiastic Instrumental Tutors (Strings, Woodwind or Brass) to join our growing Amadeus Music Education Program. Catholic schools have been delivering excellence in education to Sydney school students for 200 years. SCS continues to be a thriving and growing contemporary educational community with 147 Catholic primary and secondary schools, more than 71,000 students,10,000 staff and a large alumni community.
About the school
Our Lady of Fatima Catholic Primary School Kingsgrove is a systemic parish Catholic primary school, educating boys and girls from Kindergarten to Year 6. Founded in 1951, our school has a rich heritage based on our motto ‘SERVIAM’ inviting us to love, serve and respect.
In partnership with parents and carers and the parish, our school is committed to the development of our students by providing a Catholic faith environment in which the Gospels are learned and lived, delivering an effective curriculum promoting lifelong learning, supporting and nurturing the needs of each child and leading all students to value and respect others within and beyond the school.
Reporting through the Education and Research Directorate and directly to Principals, working across a number of schools, you will be responsible for guiding and directing students in an extensive Instrumental Music Program. You will have demonstrated the ability to inspire young people to play an instrument and perform.
Your major accountabilities will include, but are not limited to:
- delivery of the SCS Instrumental Music program, linked to the contexts studied within Classroom Music
- teaching small group tuition within a family of instruments (Strings, Woodwind or Brass)
- leading and conducting instrumental ensembles according to the area of expertise- ensembles may include but are not limited to: String Ensemble, Concert Band and Orchestra
- working collaboratively with leadership teams, other Instrumental Tutors and Primary and Secondary Music Teachers to ensure the smooth running of school performances and events
- identification of maintenance required on instruments and providing basic maintenance where possible
- assisting with the allocation, distribution and collection of instruments with regards to instrument maintenance
- other administrative tasks as required.
- experienced and highly skilled musician and tutor
- ability to work in a team across multiple schools
- ability to inspire young people to find their passion in Music
- ability to motivate all students at differing levels of ability and implement appropriate adjustments and differentiation where required
- outstanding organisational skills
- willingness to work outside regular school hours for performances and events
- willingness to support the Catholic ethos of Sydney Catholic Schools, and to coordinate music required for masses and liturgical celebrations when required.
- a Tertiary Qualification in Music, or currently studying Music at Tertiary level
- experience in conducting ensembles
- experience in staging performance events
- proficiency with the Google Suite, including Google Sites.
- successful applicants are entitled to paid leave, school holiday periods and superannuation.
- these positions require travel within a Network of schools usually within a close distance- adequate travel time will be provided.
To apply for this position please click APPLY NOW.
Within your application please provide the following:
- a one-page Cover Letter which outlines how you meet the criteria above
- a resume
- Covid vaccine certificate
- please indicate if you would also be open to further upcoming opportunities at schools in the surrounding area.
If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via email@example.com
Working with Children Check
This role is classified as a child-related work endeavour and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us
To know and love Christ through learning
To foster thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching
Empathy, curiosity, excellence, collaboration and truth.