Location: ST ANTHONY OF PADUA CATHOLIC COLLEGE, AUSTRAL
Commencement Date: Term 3, 2020
Closing Date: 17 July 2020
Established in 2017, St Anthony of Padua Catholic College at Austral is an innovative learning community and a member of the Future Schools Alliance within Sydney Catholic Schools. As a future-oriented learning community, our College is situated within the Aerotropolis network and is proud of its flexible, stage-based curriculum in a school with one vision expressed through four phases of learning.
The Heads of each phase of learning are active members of the College Leadership Team and are collectively responsible for ensuring a continuum of quality Catholic learning and teaching. They will give highly collaborative leadership that is religious, strategic, community and parish-focused, and aligned with the pedagogical vision of the College. The Head of Formation Years is responsible for the day-to-day management and leadership of the Years 5-9 phase of learning, working with staff to maximise the learning opportunities and welfare of the students. The Head will deputise for the Principal as necessary and will work with the Principal on matters relating to College programs, staff and student management, parent and student issues and strategic planning.
The successful applicant will be a highly effective contemporary Catholic leader who is:
- An experienced, active and visible religious leader committed to the evangelising mission of the Church with a proven ability in the contemporary evangelisation of young people
- Committed to a Catholic learning culture of shared responsibility for authentic learning experiences focused on collaborative, interdisciplinary practices
- Passionate about working within a new model of P-12 Catholic education and sharing in the mission to spark and sustain a school-wide culture of learning and improved outcomes for students
- Experienced and flexible in utilising innovative, research-based practices to inform future planning
- Able to demonstrate strategic thinking in contributing to the future growth and development of St Anthony of Padua Catholic College as a thriving Catholic community
- Committed to creating a culture of inclusion and hospitality by initiating opportunities to engage with parents, caregivers and Church to build and maintain effective partnerships
You will also possess or be working toward the following qualifications:
- Appropriate Postgraduate Qualifications
- Accreditation for Senior Leadership in a Catholic School (Category E), Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic schools Archdiocese of Sydney
- Evidence of personal responsibility for ongoing personal and professional development
- Evidence of practice against the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers at Lead Teacher level
- Evidence of demonstrated effectiveness in at least two or more significant leadership positions within education
To apply, please complete the Application Form and submit this along with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as child-related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.