FAMILY EDUCATOR l K-6 l 267Students
St Francis Xavier’s Catholic Primary School Arncliffe
Commencement Date: Immediate or by negotiation
Closing Date: Tuesday, 27 February 2024
Capacity: 0.5 FTE (38 hours per fortnight)
About the role
We are currently seeking a Family Educator to join Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) across the Sydney Archdiocese. This pivotal role is part of the Mission and Identity team and works closely with SCS Church Engagement Officers.
This position is responsible for building and maintaining welcoming school environments whilst ensuring sound, respectful relationships exist between the school, parents/families and the parish. The myriad of quality initiatives, events and activities created and implemented by the Family Educator contribute to vibrant faith communities within our system of Catholic schools.
The Family Educator will primarily work in partnership with a range of stakeholders: the principal, parents, the parish priest, parish staff, the Religious Education Coordinator and a range of church agencies and organisations.
As a significant contributor to the religious leadership of the school within the Catholic school system, the Family Educator is required to be adaptable, creative and able to customise their work to meet the specific needs of the community.
About the school
In joining St Francis Xavier’s Catholic Primary School Arncliffe, you will be joining the SCS system, and be a part of the largest Catholic education community in NSW, with a unified vision and shared resources, encompassing over 145 schools and almost 73,000 students.
SCS is recognised for outstanding student achievement, with 9 schools in the top 100 of the HSC rankings and 17 schools placing in the top 150. We focus on enabling a quality preschool to post-school learning journey for every child, supported by a team of dedicated educators and caregivers.
What we offer:
- competitive salary package
- salary packaging of up to $15,900 annually
- up to 25% discount on school fees for parents of SCS students
- ongoing training and development opportunities
- flexible working arrangements
- discounts on gym classes and memberships, activewear, healthy meals, and wellbeing products
- generous Employee Referral Program.
The successful candidate for this position will demonstrate:
- strong and active commitment to the practice of the Catholic Faith
- experience in parish ministry, such as but not limited to Sacramental programme, family/children’s liturgy, baptismal group, prayer groups, etc
- ability to articulate an understanding of the evangelising and catechising mission of the Catholic Church
- ability to present church doctrine and scripture in the appropriate context of time, place and culture
- competency and creativity in initiating, organising and facilitating a range of opportunities and forums to connect/reconnect and engage parents and families with the religious life of the school and parish
- highly developed interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- highly developed time management and organisational skills
- commitment to participate in and contribute to a formation program facilitated by the SCS Central Office
- a strategic outlook and understands the school within the broader educational, ecclesial and communal context
- refined project management skills to deliver agreed initiatives in a timely and effective manner.
To apply for this position please click the Apply button and follow the prompts.
For any internal candidates please apply via your ‘Careers tile’ in Employee Self Service.
To complete the application process you will need to attach:
For any enquiries, please contact the Mission and Identity team by emailing email@example.com.
Statement of Commitment to Child Safety
Click here to access SCS’ Statement of Commitment to Child Safety and join us in creating a culture of child safety and wellbeing.
Working With Children Check (WWCC)
This role is classified as child-related work and therefore requires a WWCC clearance prior to commencement of employment.