Catholic schools have been delivering excellence in education to Sydney school students for 200 years. Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) continues to be a thriving and growing contemporary educational community with 150 schools, more than 71,000 students,10,000 staff and a large alumni community.
About the Role
Reporting to the Chief of Staff the Executive Assistant is responsible for providing high-level executive support, management and coordination across a range of functions for the Chief Executive Officer and Chief of Staff of Sydney Catholic Schools. The role will provide administrative and support services to facilitate the operation of a fast-paced and highly functional team, such as creating reports, organising travel and accommodation, taking minutes,and other organisational tasks as needed to ensure efficiency in the day-to-day operations of the CEO. The function must establish and maintain positive relationships with all internal and external stakeholders, liaising with confidence and confidentiality on behalf of the CEO.
As an experienced Executive Assistant supporting at a C suite level, to be successful you will possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to prioritise and act with integrity at all times as well as the ability to build strengthening relationships across the whole organisation supporting the positive brand held by the CEO.
The Executive Assistant to the CEO will be responsible for:
- providing a range of executive administrative support services, including records management, routine correspondence, management reports, meeting and event coordination, to support the effective operation of the team/unit
- demonstrating integrity in the management of highly confidential information
- researching and conducting data to prepare documents for review and presentation by boards of directors, committees, and executives
- helping prepare for meetings both face-to-face and remote/virtual
- using various software, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and presentation software
- ensuring the timely management of content and flow of information through the Directorate
- extensive scheduling management, including organisation of appointments, prioritisation of meetings, preparation of pre-meeting papers, follow up of actions, coordination of guests and necessary paperwork
- flexibility, initiative and responsiveness in managing workflow with an ability to prioritise competing tasks
- reading and analysing incoming memos, submissions and distributing them as needed
- making travel arrangements for executives within the Directorate
- any other duties as directed from time to time.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- minimum five years experience in administration/as an Assistant to a mid-senior level executive
- TAFE NSW/College certificate III/IV or equivalent qualification in administration
- high-level computer literacy through proficiency in Microsoft Office packages including Word and PowerPoint, SharePoint and Google mail/apps
- highly developed interpersonal, written, oral and presentation skills, able to deliver excellence in customer and client service
- ability to organise a daily workload by priorities and work effectively in a team environment
- proven ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment
- evidenced problem-solving skills coupled with strong decision-making skills
- excellent telephone manner and high order skills in handling difficult conversations.
- prior experience working within a not-for-profit organisation or education industry
- experience with SCS specific platforms such as PeopleSoft and CiAnywhere
- current driver’s licence.
What We Offer
- flexible working arrangements/hybrid workplace
- offering a competitive remuneration package as well as salary packaging
- the ability to build your career in a multi-disciplined matrix environment
- a supportive team committed to professional excellence and work life balance.
To apply for this position please click on the APPLY button and follow the prompts.. To support your application, you will be required to provide;
- current resume
- cover letter addressing previous experience in a similar role
If you have any questions regarding the role, please contact Jai Pradhan, Recruitment Partner email@example.com.
If you encounter technical issues please contact the People & Culture Services Team on (02) 9568 8297 (8am-5pm Mon-Fri).
Working With Children Check (WWCC)
This role is classified as child-related work and therefore requires a WWCC clearance prior to commencement of employment.
To know and love Christ through learning.
Thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning.
Truth, empathy, excellence, curiosity, and collaboration.