Catholic schools have been delivering excellence in education to Sydney school students for 200 years. Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) continues to be a thriving and growing contemporary educational community with over 150 schools, more than 71,000 current students, 10,000 staff and a large alumni community.
We are looking for an Education Officer: Pre to Post Sport to enhance and manage opportunities offered to students with disabilities in sport across the network of schools. As a member of the SCS Pre to Post Sports team, this role primarily involves developing a strategic plan to increase the number of students to participate in sport at a level that challenges them.
About the role
Reporting to the Specialist: SCS Pre to Post Sport, you will be required to perform the following;
- Driving the strategic implementation of SCS Sport priorities.
- Planning and delivering an engaging, safe and inclusive sporting program targeting students across SCS.
- Promoting regular active, enjoyable participation as a lifelong aim to recognise sport’s social, physical, and psychological health benefits.
- Striving to maintain or increase current sports programs and exploring opportunities to offer and promote alternative or new programs.
- Providing opportunities for student leadership in areas such as officiating, scoring, coaching and event managing.
- Ensuring all sports programs meet the SCS organisational, school and zone safety, child protection, legal and other requirements.
- Identifying, allocating and monitoring resources and expenditure effectively and efficiently.
- Upskilling stakeholders in understanding the range and complexity of student disability within SCS.
- Respond confidently and professionally to parent communications as appropriate.
- Working effectively with the system Sport Coordinators in planning and facilitating representative sporting events.
To be successful in this position, you must possess:
- University Degree in Education or Teaching.
- Demonstrated five years minimum teaching experience in a school.
- Experienced in leading staff in professional learning.
- Demonstrated high-level written, oral and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of relevant legislation related to students with disabilities.
- Demonstrated high level organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience with technology (Google suite: Gmail; calendars; drive; docs; sheets; slides) and site development.
- A current driver’s licence.
Submit your application via the ‘Apply’ button and follow the steps to complete your application.
If you have any questions, please contact the Recruitment Team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working With Children Check (WWCC)
This role is classified as child-related work and therefore requires a WWCC clearance prior to commencement of employment.
To know and love Christ through learning.
Thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning.
Truth, empathy, excellence, curiosity, and collaboration.