Posted on behalf of the Diocese of Sale
Permanent, full-time role based in historic Sion House in Warragul, a short walk from the Warragul Railway Station and a commutable distance from Melbourne.
Flexible working arrangements, including working from home arrangements available.
Education Officer: Catholic Identity and Religious Education (F-12)
Commencement date: Term 1, 28 January 2022
Closing Date: Wednesday, 20 October 2021 at 4.00 pm
Diocese of Sale Catholic Education Limited (DOSCEL) manages and operates 38 primary
schools and 7 secondary schools in the Diocese of Sale. Catholic education in the Diocese is
a vital expression of the mission of the Church. Our aim is to deliver the highest quality
educational opportunities and outcomes for every student in every school in the Diocese.
About the Role:
DOSCEL is seeking an Education Officer: Catholic Identity and Religious Education (F-12) who is passionate about working for continuous improvement in Catholic Identity in schools.
As the Education Officer: Catholic Identity and Religious Education (F-12), you will
demonstrate the key selection criteria outlined in the Position Description, including but not limited to:
- a deep understanding of and commitment to Catholic Education as a mission of the
Catholic Church in Australia
- a commitment to and understanding of child protection and child safety issues in
- expert knowledge in the area of Catholic Identity and Religious Education
- advanced skills in the development and application of innovative Religious Education
learning and teaching strategies
- the ability to facilitate professional learning in the areas of Catholic Identity and
- a highly developed capacity to work with leadership to support schools to identify and
address areas for improvement in the context of Catholic Identity and Religious
- the ability to analyse and interpret Enhancing Catholic School Identity (ECSI) data sets
that may support school improvement and strategic planning
- well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work
effectively in a team environment.
How to Apply
For further information regarding this exciting opportunity, please forward your queries to
Industrial Relations/Human Resources via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit
Applications must include a completed Cover Letter, Application Form, current resume and response to the key selection criteria outlined in the position description.