About Sydney Catholic Schools
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) has been delivering excellence in education to Sydney school students for 200 years. SCS continues to be a thriving and growing contemporary educational community with over 150 schools, more than 71,000 current students, 10,000 staff, and a large alumni community
Our mission is to know and love Christ through learning and our vision is to foster thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning. At the heart of all we do are our core values of empathy, curiosity, excellence, collaboration and truth.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced and energetic educational leader to join our Executive Team. Someone who is passionate about continuous improvement in our schools, committed to excellence and works comfortably shifting between strategic vision and operational imperatives to drive school, network and system performance.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director: System Performance is responsible for collaborating with other directorates to facilitate the delivery of key systemic initiatives, particularly in the areas of Mission and Identity and Education and Research. The Director of System Performance will work within a team of directors and specialists to facilitate the innovation, partnership and holistic approach to contemporary education which is at the heart of our thriving Catholic communities across the Archdiocese of Sydney.
The Director: System Performance is required to lead work that includes but is not limited to:
- Support of schools in the realisation of the SCS Strategic Plan – Thriving Catholic Communities
- Implementation of frameworks of accountability to ensure school and system growth and success.
- Responsibility for driving key network metrics such as enrolment, learning growth and engagement with key members of the community.
- Leadership of network initiatives including building works, amalgamations, business partnerships, pre-post schooling approaches and tertiary opportunities.
- Lead networks and develop school leaders across a diverse range of contemporary educational areas.
- Lead the use of data to effectively and critically inform school improvement processes.
- Build and develop relationships with school, parish and community leaders to pursue the strategic intent of the system.
To be considered for this role, you will have the following experience, skills and knowledge:
- Significant experience in leadership with a focus on data literacy and research methods and their impact on educational practice.
- Experience in leading a multi-disciplined team.
- Willingness to respect, support and uphold the mission, ethos and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of Sydney Catholic Schools in your personal and professional conduct.
- A Baptised Catholic with demonstrated evidence of ongoing commitment to the teachings of the Catholic Church and engagement in the life of a Catholic faith community such as a parish; or an established community within the Catholic Church, as an expression of a relationship with Jesus Christ.
To apply for this position please click on the APPLY button below and follow the prompts. Please ensure you apply directly on our website for your application to be considered.
To support your application, you will be required to provide;
- Your current resume
- Cover letter including the targeted questions below (250 words limit each)
Targeted Question 1: Outline how you have previously used data to effect change? Did it lead to measurable improvement?
Targeted Question 2: Describe an example where you have had to drive performance while shifting between strategic leadership and operational management.
Closing Date: Friday, 30 July at 11.59 pm
For further information regarding the role, please contact Graham Beal, Director: People & Culture at email@example.com.
Working with Children Check
This role is classified as a child-related work endeavour and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.