Location: Marist Catholic College North Shore
Commencement Date: 27 January 2021
Closing Date: Saturday 31 October 2020
Capacity: Full-time, contract for an initial period of three years, renewable for an additional three years on the completion of a successful Performance Appraisal
Number of positions: 1
In 200 years of delivering excellence in education, Sydney Catholic Schools ‘SCS’ has grown alongside the city’s dynamic, ever-changing, multicultural landscape. With 150 schools, more than 70,000 students and around 10,000 staff, we are a thriving community of communities.
The role of the Director of Faith Formation K-12 at Marist Catholic College North Shore ( proudly part of the SCS community) will be responsible for the engagement of Catholic Identity and Mission in the Marist tradition within the College and the broader College Community.
To reward your efforts, you will work with an organisation that is always innovating to meet the evolving needs of the education sector, providing supportive team environments, exceeding expectations through collaboration and delivering purposeful and value-driven work.
Reporting to the Principal K-12, you will be an exceptional Educational Leader of faith and learning.
As a member of the College’s Senior Leadership Team, as the Director Faith Formation K-12 you will have a commitment to ongoing professional learning; be responsible for implementing the College’s Ministry Plan and supporting the strategic priorities of the College’s Strategic Plan. The function will provide a vision for the leadership of the faith and learning community founded on the Marist Charism underpinned by the life and mission of the Catholic Church.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- School/Parish Partnerships
- Sacramental Program
- College liturgical celebrations
- Mission Formation and Integration
- Staff Spiritual Formation
- Youth Ministry
- Marist Spirituality
- Advocacy and Outreach
- Student Retreats/Spirituality
- Community Development
- Catholic Social Teaching
To be successful in this position, you will be a highly effective and Catholic educator and leader who:
- Has category E Accreditation in accord with To Work, Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic schools Archdiocese of Sydney Accreditation (6.5)
- Is a leader of Catholic Identity and mission at a school and/or system level
- Is committed to working closely with the Priests and the parish community, with the ability to lead the preparation of liturgies and celebrations
- Can lead Religious Education in all aspects of curriculum development and implementation
- Has the ability to effectively communicate with a variety of stakeholders and build relationships to work collaboratively across all stages
- Has an understanding of and ability to differentiate curriculum
- Is adaptable in working within a ‘shared leadership’ model
Postgraduate units of study in leadership is advantageous
- Create and lead opportunities to enrich and engage the faith life of students and staff.
- Lead formation programs for youth ministry and social justice initiatives.
- Lead engaging and creative opportunities for prayer and liturgical celebration.
- Think creatively, demonstrating an innovative mindset transforming ideas into action.
Please click on this link to be redirected to the Sydney Catholic Schools application portal to submit an application
To support your application you will be required to provide:
- Your current resume
- Cover letter addressing the selection criteria
- Academic Transcripts
- Parish Priest Reference
General Enquiries: Please contact David Ivers, referencing the advertised position and requisition number, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: This is a child-related position and a Working with Children Check is a prerequisite for anyone in child-related work. It involves a national criminal history check and review of findings of workplace misconduct. Also, as a permanent position, you need to be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.