DEAN: SENIOR YEARS | 9-12
St Mary’s Cathedral College, Sydney
Commencement Date: Term 1 2023
Closing Date: Sunday, 28 August 2022
About Sydney Catholic Schools
Catholic schools have been delivering excellence in education to Sydney school students for 200 years. Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) continues to be a thriving and growing contemporary educational community with over 150 schools, more than 71,000 students, 10,000 staff and a large alumni community.
About the College
Situated in one of the great cities of the world and home to Australia’s oldest Cathedral Choir, St Mary’s Cathedral College Sydney seeks a strategic, creative and forward-thinking leader to work in partnership with St Mary’s Cathedral to drive the next phase of growth at this prestigious Catholic institution.
In the newly created role of Dean of Senior Years, you will be a member of the College leadership team. Partnering with the Dean of the Cathedral, Principal and other Catholic lay leaders, you will be committed to collaborating closely with staff to ensure the college is characterised by the best pedagogical practice and professional performance to ensure learning growth and holistic wellbeing across senior years of the College community.
To be considered for this role, you must have experience demonstrating that you can deliver in the following areas:
- promoting and implementing Sydney Catholic Schools’ mission: ‘To know and love Christ through learning’; and the vision: creating ‘Thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning’
- leading a school-wide culture that is characterised by high performance, continuous improvement, data-informed decision making and a commitment to best practice
- working with the principal to ensure effective strategic change through implementing a range of improvement strategies
- ensuring a culture of quality teaching that promotes high expectations for all students, where teachers work collaboratively to link the vision of the future and daily practice
- leading, implementing and reviewing teaching and learning strategies and programs to develop student knowledge, understanding and skills
- leading the development of syllabus and curriculum knowledge
- implementing the performance growth process to ensure high impact teaching practice and enhanced learning outcomes
- analysing school and network data to establish and evaluate priorities, targets and teaching programs
- leading a ‘network approach’ that promotes the reciprocal benefits of school and system partnerships
- promoting the teachings of the Catholic Church and engagement in the life of a Catholic faith community, as a committed and baptised Catholic.
You will have attained or be pursuing the following:
- Postgraduate qualifications in educational leadership, pastoral care and/or equivalent
- requirements of (Category E) in the Accreditation Policy to Work Teach and Lead in Sydney Catholic Schools or agree to meet these requirements in your first contract term
- demonstrate performance at the Highly Accomplished or Lead level of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
SCS offers a generous salary package for school leadership positions and the salaries for SCS leadership roles are available at https://sydcatholicschools.nsw.edu.au/careers.
Submit your application via the ‘Apply’ button and follow the steps to complete your application.
To complete the application process you will need to attach:
Working With Children Check (WWCC)
This role is classified as child-related work and therefore requires a WWCC clearance prior to commencement of employment.
COVID-19 Vaccination Evidence
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is committed to ensuring the safety of our staff, students and school communities. In line with SCS’ COVID-19 Policy, all staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (or subsequent variants) or have an approved medical contraindication which prevents them from receiving any dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine in order to work at or with a school, in central office or at any other location at which work is carried out by SCS. Compliance with this policy and providing evidence of vaccination is an essential requirement of employment.
To know and love Christ through learning.
Thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning.
Truth, empathy, excellence, curiosity, and collaboration.