About the Role
At Sydney Catholic Schools(SCS) we are looking for a strategic and customer focused Data Insight and Business Specialist to join our Finance & Property team. The focus of the Specialist is to gather and critically analyse data that will inform key stakeholders of short and long term student and demographic changes while identifying improvement recommendations and strategic changes for the SCS operating environment. The role requires independence and integrity in reporting data, while actively contributing to a high performance team environment.
This position is a full time permanent role based in Leichhardt with a planned relocation to Sydney CBD.
As a Data Insight and Business Specialist your key responsibilities will include:
- Analysis and research of demographics, new government initiatives, NSW project and growth precincts to provide impact analysis on Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS).
- Communicating with key stakeholders to understand enrolment trends, new market insights, demographic changes, and business opportunities through research and analysis.
- Providing an objective and critical analysis of the feasibility of projects using data and analyse trends, reviewing data and evaluating business options to ensure business cases are financially sound.
- Prepare reports and presentations on forecast changes in the demographics of areas within the Catholic Archdiocese of Sydney.
- Providing short and long term forecasts that will underpin the strategic assumptions and capital allocation.
- Preparing C-Level business case proposals and reports in support of project feasibility and long term staff requirements.
- Proactively facilitating business case discussions between the sponsor(s) and key stakeholders.
- Applying lateral thinking and developing innovative solutions across a wide range of highly complex information and situations that have long-standing, organisation-wide impact.
- Manage and enhance existing demographic databases.
- Investigating and implementing new data sources, processes and technologies to help automate and improve our forecasting process.
- Proactively analyse, prioritise and action requests, problem solve and act decisively to facilitate resolutions for all business case inquiries and issues.
- Tertiary level qualifications including masters qualification(s) in Economics.
- Extensive experience in data analytics
- High levels of critical thinking and objectivity in analysing project feasibility
- Significant experience preparing reports to C-Level
- Understanding of terminology, policies and processes to planning, forecasting and budget preparation and management.
- Understanding of sound financial management and its impact on system effectiveness.
- Demonstrated advanced business case writing and review.
- Proven experience with strategic collaboration.
- Demonstrated advanced written and verbal communication skills and the ability to construct high level documentation.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- High ability to think laterally to develop innovative solutions and process improvements.
- Ability to maintain relationships with all staff within the organisation.
- Willingness to respect, support and uphold the mission, ethos and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of Sydney Catholic Schools
About our Company
With 150 schools, more than 70,000 students, and around 10,000 staff, at Sydney Catholic Schools we believe our staff are our most important resource and the work we do is essential in creating the great teaching and learning that makes our school communities thrive.
Benefits of Working at Sydney Catholic Schools:
- Salary Packaging benefits
- 5 days additional ex-gratia leave
- Relocating to a new office in Sydney CBD late 2021
To apply for this position please click “apply now” and follow the prompts.
To support your application, please be prepared to provide:
- Your current resume
- Cover letter
Closing Date: Monday, 26 July 2021 11:59PM
All Enquiries: Please contact the People and Culture team, referencing the advertised position and requisition number 1730 via email or phone – email@example.com (02) 9568 8297 (Mon-Fri).
This is a child-related position, and a Working with Children Check is a prerequisite for anyone in child-related work. It involves a national criminal history check and a review of findings of workplace misconduct.