Location: Central Office, Leichhardt
Commencement Date: Immediate start or by negotiation
Closing Date: 10 July 2020
Capacity: Full-time – Permanent
Number of positions: 1
Who are we?
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is responsible for the leadership of 150 Catholic primary and secondary schools across the Archdiocese of Sydney, which educates more than 70,000 students. Our mission is to know and love Christ through learning and our vision is to foster thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning. At the heart of all we do are our core values of empathy, curiosity, excellence, collaboration and truth.
The Customer Service Operator – School Financial Support role focuses on providing frontline phone financial support and training services to Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) staff to enable the efficient operation of the team in response to newly implemented financial management systems.
The role exists to support schools in maintaining efficient and reliable accounting and administrative records that meet their internal and external reporting requirements in the provision of over-the-phone support, guidance, analytics and training
The Customer Service Operator – School Financial Support is required to perform tasks which include but are not limited to:
- Providing technical and operational support on administration and financial systems via help desk application, phone and email.
- Financial analysis, financial accounting processing, account reconciliation, journals and support financial controller, through report generation and budget creations
- Assisting schools with fees and charges, preparing annual fee generation, including updating existing bill items and adding new bill items in school computer systems.
- Researching problems and providing solutions to bring matters to a close.
- Assisting schools in preparing reports, operating the financial systems.
- Reviewing support resources and providing operational updates as required.
- Assisting in the preparation and delivery of training and procedures documentation.
- Assisting with managing attendances, data extractions, checking students and teacher dashboards.
- Any other duties as directed from time to time.
To be considered for this role, you will have the following experience, skills and knowledge:
- Experienced in a Finance administration/customer service related support role.
- Previous involvement in change programs, with an ability to support rapid change and hold a steady course in an ever changing environment.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence and collaborate with stakeholders across organisational boundaries.
- Ability to operate in a flexible, agile and innovative work environment.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, Google Apps.
- Accounting System exposure (Technology One, SAP, etc.).
- Experienced in, with detailed knowledge of finance and administration functions and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities and responsibilities with proven attention to detail.
- Strong documentation skills.
Please APPLY HERE and follow the steps to complete your application and be considered for this opportunity.
If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via firstname.lastname@example.org
Working with Children Check
This role is classified as a child-related work endeavour and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.