We are seeking a Compliance Accountant who will ensure compliance with regulatory external agencies relating to GST, FBT, ABS surveys and related party registers. The function is responsible for documenting, testing and maintaining the finance risk/control framework in order to provide recommendations for better control management.
As a Compliance Accountant you will be responsible for:
- Developing, implementing and maintaining financial risk/controls frameworks for Sydney Catholic Schools.
- Measure and report compliance on government funding and education act.
- Preparation of the BAS on a monthly basis for the system and schools.
- Preparation of FBT on an annual basis for the system and schools.
- Ensuring compliance with ABS reporting.
- Maintaining related party registers for the system and schools.
- Act as the mentor by providing subject matter expertise to team members on compliance or regulatory issues and matters.
- Promoting and implementing Sydney Catholic Schools mission To know and love Christ through learning and vision of Thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning.
- Promoting and abiding by Sydney Catholic Schools’ values of empathy, curiosity, excellence, collaboration, and truth
- Any other duties as directed from time to time
To be successful in this position, you must possess:
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent in Accounting/Business.
- CPA/CA qualified
- 6 years of post graduate financial experience in a large volume driven organisation.
- Previous report writing and presentation skills.
- Previous experience in large ERP systems (Technology 1, SAP, Oracle).
- Experience in preparation of BAS, FBT, ABS surveys, related party registers and annual financial reporting, particularly compliance with IFRS reporting.
- Proven advanced level of expertise in MS Excel.
- Willingness to respect, support, and uphold the mission, ethos, and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of Sydney Catholic Schools
It is also desirable for the successful candidate to have:
- Experienced in Techone/CiA Financial Management System.
- Experience in working within the not for profit sector.
- Previous experience in an audit function (internal or external)
- Current driver’s license.
Sydney Catholic Schools has been delivering excellence in education to Sydney school students for 200 years. SCS continues to be a thriving and growing contemporary educational community with over 150 schools, more than 71,000 current students, 10,000 staff, and a large alumni community.
We are an inclusive organization looking for people who have the willingness to respect, support, and uphold the mission, ethos, and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of Sydney Catholic Schools.
To apply for this position please CLICK APPLY NOW and follow the prompts.
For any internal candidates please apply via your ‘Careers tile’ in Employee Self Service.
To support your application, you will be required to provide:
- Your current resume
- Cover letter highlighting your experience in meeting the responsibilities of this role and responding to the following targeted questions:
1. Please briefly explain how you would assess if a transaction (purchase) has been conducted at reasonable market value.
2. Please briefly explain how you would go about reconciling GST.
3. Given our industry, could you describe the types of risks that Finance should be mitigating?
Closing Date: Monday, 25 October 2021
If you encounter technical issues or for any general enquiries please contact the People & Culture Services team on (02) 9568 8297 (Mon-Fri) and quote position number 1876.
Please note: This role is classified as child-related work and therefore requires a WWCC clearance prior to commencement of employment. It involves a national criminal history check and a review of findings of workplace misconduct. Also, as a permanent position, you need to be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.