Commencement Date: February/March 2021
Closing Date: 17th January 2021
Number of positions: 1
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is responsible for the leadership of 150 Catholic primary and secondary schools across the Archdiocese of Sydney, educating more than 70,000 students.
We have an exciting opportunity for a creative Communications Manager to lead the strategic development of SCS’ brand, communications, media and marketing strategies. The successful applicant will manage the Communications team and oversee the translation of strategies into system-wide campaigns and individual school level action-plans.
As a leader in Catholic education, Sydney Catholic Schools is looking for a dynamic and experienced Manager to oversee the internal and external communications strategy and have ownership of:
- developing and leading our communications, brand and content strategy to support us to develop and achieve our strategic goals and priorities through effective communication and marketing strategies
- expertly advising management across a range of areas including stakeholder relations, reputation management, media relations and internal communications
- deeply understanding our customers and potential customers (parents and students) and use these insights to set our marketing strategy and clarify our messaging, positioning and brand
- strengthening our current channels and building additional channels to drive greater awareness for SCS as a system and for our schools – as measured by growing the number of enrolments.
To be considered for this role, you will have the following experience, skills and knowledge:
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant work experience.
- A relevant tertiary qualification in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing or a similar discipline.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop collaborative relationships with the media.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and dynamic digital content environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to engage at senior levels.
- Experience leading a content and creative team.
- Ability to think conceptually and strategically.
- Solid time management coupled with an ability to multitask
- Support the ethos, teachings and values of the Catholic Church
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as child-related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed before your commencement with us.
To know and love Christ through learning.
Thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning.
Truth, empathy, excellence, curiosity, and collaboration.
Please include your resume and cover letter.
If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via email@example.com