Classroom Teacher | K-6 | 489 students
All Hallows Catholic Primary School, Five Dock
Commencement Date: Term 1, 2023
Contract Type: Temporary, Full-time/ Part-time (0.5FTE); Permanent, Full-time
No. of Vacancies: 3
About the school
All Hallows Catholic Primary School Five Dock is a contemporary, vibrant and welcoming educational community. We provide a comprehensive, high-quality education that promotes collaboration, curiosity and creativity. We aim to produce engaged and resilient learners who contribute positively to their community.
We are always people of hope and light for ourselves and others. Our supporting and inclusive community grows old and new connections with a sense of nurturing and belonging for each individual student.
All Hallows is located less than 10kms from Sydney CBD, near the foreshore of the popular Bay Run, and part of Sydney’s vibrant inner-west. Ample parking and bus services make it easily accessible.
Our school is part of Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) which continues to be a thriving and growing contemporary educational community with over 150 schools, more than 71,000 students,10,000 staff and a large alumni community.
As an engaging, enthusiastic and competent teacher you are passionate about making a difference in students’ lives. The successful applicant will be dedicated to working collaboratively within the school community to seek and evaluate feedback for improved classroom practice.
The school currently has a permanent, full-time, temporary, full-time and temporary, part-time (0.5FTE) position available to commence Term 1, 2023.
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
- capacity to enliven the values of truth, empathy, excellence, curiosity and collaboration in students with regards to the Mission and Vision of Sydney Catholic Schools
- ability to build positive and productive relationships with students, parents and colleagues
- passion and ability to cater for all learners through effective differentiation of teaching programs
- commitment to collaborative professional practices, including planning and co-teaching, observation and feedback from leadership mentoring and peers
- Ability to effectively use assessment techniques and student data to inform teaching and learning to ensure educational growth for all student
- an ability to design and implement rigorous and engaging learning to meet the diverse needs of students
- knowledge and understanding of K – 6 Curriculum and quality authentic learning pedagogy
- excellent classroom management that is proactive in supporting the wellbeing of students
- an ability to integrate ICT effectively and creatively to provide authentic learning opportunities within a contemporary environment.
You will have attained:
- a Tertiary qualification in Education
- eligibility according to the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA)
- Religious Education qualifications or willingness to achieve this, according to SACS Board Policy. You can receive provisional accreditation by providing evidence of enrollment in a recognised Religious Education qualification
- employee ID registration number with Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) or a commitment to Register to Teach in SCS.
Please submit the following to Ms Helen Elliott, Principal:
- cover letter
- current resume
- three referees, including name and contact details.
Working With Children Check (WWCC)
This role is classified as child-related work and therefore requires a WWCC clearance prior to commencement of employment.