Classroom Music Teacher | K-6 | 460 students
St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School, Moorebank
Commencement date: Term 3, 2023
Closing date: 22 June 2023
Contract: Part-time (0.5FTE) Monday, Tuesday & half day Wednesday, 3 year contract
About Sydney Catholic Schools
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Classroom Music Teacher to join our growing Amadeus Music Education Program. Catholic schools have been delivering excellence in education to Sydney school students for 200 years. SCS continues to be a thriving and growing contemporary educational community with over 147 Catholic primary and secondary schools, more than 71,000 students,10,000 staff and a large alumni community.
About the school
St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School, Moorebank is a school with a strong sense of community with Christ at its centre. We are a school that promotes the development of our student’s academic, spiritual and creative gifts and talents.
St Joseph’s offers a learning program that has an emphasis on developing individual learning within a challenging, yet structured, curriculum. These standards are maintained through a commitment to ongoing professional learning of our staff. We place an emphasis on attainment and success in literacy, numeracy and Religious Education and we offer opportunities for the students to develop their creative abilities. It is a place where all students are valued for their uniqueness and are treated with dignity while being challenged to be the best that they can be so that they can make a positive difference in our world.
The school’s teaching staff are also an integral part in the leadership of our school and have a key role in policy and program development, implementation and evaluation.
Your major accountabilities will include, but are not limited to:
- implementation and delivery of the SCS Music Education Program
- leading and conducting instrumental/vocal ensembles – eg the school choir
- working collaboratively with the Instrumental Tutors and Classroom Teachers at their schools and within their Network, to deliver quality Performing Arts Education, including public performances, and liturgical and special events
- promoting and implementing Sydney Catholic Schools’ mission and vision To know and love Christ through learning and Thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning
- promoting and abiding by Sydney Catholic Schools values of empathy, curiosity, excellence, collaboration and truth.
- a Tertiary qualification in Primary or Secondary Education with extensive Music experience and/or qualifications, plus the ability to teach Dance and Drama
- experienced as a Classroom Music, Dance or Drama Teacher in Primary or Secondary schools
- competence in Music Education with the ability to teach Dance and Drama including Composing, Performing and Appreciating
- proven ability and willingness to lead vocal ensembles
- an enthusiastic Educator, driven to inspire children to explore Music, Dance and Drama
- practice informed by a knowledge of contemporary educational research on how students best learn
- confident with the use of relevant technologies
- demonstrated ability to contribute to high quality student performances
- demonstrated effective communication skills and capacity to work with our leadership team to provide the best possible educational experiences for our students
- a willingness to support the Catholic ethos of Sydney Catholic Schools, and to contribute to music required for masses and liturgical celebrations when required.
- a current driver’s licence
- a baptised Catholic with demonstrated evidence of ongoing commitment to the teachings of the Catholic Church and engagement in the life of a Catholic faith community such as a parish or an established community within the Catholic Church, as an expression of their relationship with Jesus Christ
- experience teaching K-6 Curriculum music.
To apply for this position please click APPLY NOW and follow the prompts to complete your application.
Within your application please provide the following:
- a one-page Cover Letter which outlines how you meet the criteria above
- current resume.
If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via email@example.com.
Working with Children Check
This role is classified as a child-related work endeavour and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
To know and love Christ through learning
To foster thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching
Empathy, curiosity, excellence, collaboration and truth.