Classroom Music Teacher | K-6 | 165 students
St Joan of Arc Catholic Primary School Haberfield
Commencement date: Term 1, 2023
Contract: Part-time, 3 year contract
About Sydney Catholic Schools
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Classroom Music Teacher to join our growing Amadeus Music Education Program. Catholic schools have been delivering excellence in education to students in Sydney for 200 years. SCS continues to be a thriving and growing contemporary educational community with over 150 schools, more than 71,000 students,10,000 staff and a large alumni community.
About the school
St Joan of Arc Catholic Primary School is an engaged and welcoming community that provides a holistic education for every child, supporting them to be confident, independent thinkers. A focus on learning growth and well-being ensures the development of well-rounded children that are equipped to make a difference in their world. Our teaching and learning programs are rigorous, fully integrated with technology and conducted in a contemporary classroom environment. We value authentic partnerships between the school and the home, with parents involved in the learning and growth of their children. Teachers are passionate and dedicated to their professional development to improve the outcomes of every student.
As a Classroom Music Teacher, your major accountabilities will include, but are not limited to:
- implementation and delivery of the SCS Music Education Program
- leading and conducting instrumental/vocal ensembles – eg the school choir
- working collaboratively with the Instrumental Tutors and Classroom Teachers at their schools and within their Network, to deliver quality Performing Arts Education, including public performances, and liturgical and special events
- an enthusiastic Educator, driven to inspire children to explore Music, Dance and Drama
- promoting and implementing Sydney Catholic Schools mission and vision To know and love Christ through learning and Thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning
- promoting and abiding by Sydney Catholic Schools values of empathy, curiosity, excellence, collaboration and truth.
You will have attained:
- a Tertiary qualification in Primary or Secondary Education with extensive Music experience and/or qualifications, plus the ability to teach Dance and Drama
- experience as a Classroom Music, Dance or Drama Teacher in Primary or Secondary schools
- competence in Music Education with the ability to teach Dance and Drama including Composing, Performing and Appreciating
- proven ability and willingness to lead vocal ensembles
- practice informed by a knowledge of contemporary educational research on how students best learn
- confidence with the use of relevant technologies
- demonstrated ability to contribute to high quality student performances
- a willingness to support the Catholic ethos of Sydney Catholic Schools, and to contribute to music required for masses and liturgical celebrations when required.
- a current driver’s licence
- a Baptised Catholic with demonstrated evidence of ongoing commitment to the teachings of the Catholic Church and engagement in the life of a Catholic faith community such as a parish or an established community within the Catholic Church, as an expression of their relationship with Jesus Christ.
To apply for this position please click APPLY NOW and follow the prompts to complete your application.
Within your application please provide the following:
- a one-page Cover Letter which outlines how you meet the criteria above
- current resume.
If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via email@example.com.
If you encounter technical issues or for any general queries, please contact the People & Culture Service Team on (02) 9568 8297 (8am-5pm Mon – Fri).
Working with Children Check
This role is classified as a child-related work endeavour and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
To know and love Christ through learning
To foster thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching
Empathy, curiosity, excellence, collaboration and truth.