Classroom Music Teacher
Classroom Music Teacher | K-6 | 202 students
St Brigid’s Catholic Primary School Coogee
Commencement date: Term 3, 2023
Closing Date: Thursday, 22 June 2023
Contract: Part-time, 2.5 year contract. 0.2 FTE (Thursdays)
About Sydney Catholic Schools
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Classroom Music Teacher to join our growing Amadeus Music Education Program. Catholic schools have been delivering excellence in education to Sydney school students for 200 years. SCS continues to be a thriving and growing contemporary educational community with over 147 schools, more than 72,000 students,10,000 staff and a large alumni community.
About the school
At St Brigid’s Catholic Primary School Coogee, we provide students with a total education. Academic achievement is strong and is matched by an extensive co-curricular program that caters to every child’s passion. The school prides itself on being family and community-centred with a strong sense of self, founded on compassion, positivity and collaboration.
Students, staff and parents are encouraged and challenged to live out our school vision, ‘Together we reach to the horizon and beyond’.
We cherish the partnership between parish, school and home and believe that this partnership will help our children develop and grow to value and respect the importance of their faith life and community. We proudly teach Catholic values enabling students to develop into young people ready to make a positive contribution to our world.
Your major accountabilities will include, but are not limited to:
- implementation and delivery of the SCS Music Education Program
- leading and conducting instrumental/vocal ensembles – eg the school choir
- working collaboratively with the Instrumental Tutors and Classroom Teachers at their schools and within their Network, to deliver quality Performing Arts Education, including public performances, and liturgical and special events
- promoting and implementing Sydney Catholic Schools’ mission and vision To know and love Christ through learning and Thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning
- promoting and abiding by Sydney Catholic Schools values of empathy, curiosity, excellence, collaboration and truth.
- a Tertiary qualifications in Primary or Secondary Education with extensive Music experience and/or qualifications, plus the ability to teach Dance and Drama
- experienced as a Classroom Music, Dance or Drama Teacher in Primary or Secondary schools
- competence in Music Education with the ability to teach Dance and Drama including Composing, Performing and Appreciating
- proven ability and willingness to lead vocal ensembles
- an enthusiastic Educator, driven to inspire children to explore Music, Dance and Drama
- practice informed by a knowledge of contemporary educational research on how students best learn
- confident with the use of relevant technologies
- demonstrated ability to contribute to high-quality student performances
- a willingness to support the Catholic ethos of Sydney Catholic Schools, and to contribute to music required for masses and liturgical celebrations when required.
- a current driver’s licence
- a Baptised Catholic with demonstrated evidence of ongoing commitment to the teachings of the Catholic Church and engagement in the life of a Catholic faith community such as a parish or an established community within the Catholic Church, as an expression of their relationship with Jesus Christ.
To apply for this position please click APPLY and follow the prompts to complete your application.
Within your application please provide the following:
- a one-page Cover Letter which outlines how you meet the criteria above
- current resume
If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via email@example.com.
Working with Children Check
This role is classified as a child-related work endeavour and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
To know and love Christ through learning
To foster thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching
Empathy, curiosity, excellence, collaboration and truth.