Classroom Music Teacher | K-6 | 608 students
Regina Coeli Catholic Primary School, Beverly Hills
Commencement date: Term 1 2024
Capacity: 2-year contract, full-time
Embrace a fulfilling career as a Music teacher
Regina Coeli Catholic Primary School Beverly Hills is seeking an exceptional Music teacher to join our exciting Amadeus Music Program and make a positive impact on the lives of our students.
In joining Regina Coeli, you will be joining the Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) system and be part of the largest Catholic education community in NSW, with a unified vision and shared resources, encompassing over 145 schools and more than 72,000 students.
SCS is recognised for outstanding student achievement, with 9 schools in the top 100 of the HSC rankings and 17 schools placing in the top 150. We focus on enabling a quality preschool to post-school learning journey for every child, supported by a team of dedicated educators and caregivers.
About the school
At Regina Coeli Catholic Primary School Beverly Hills, we are committed to the development of the whole person. In preparing students for their future, we ignite each child’s passion to achieve: academically, spiritually, physically, creatively and emotionally.
We believe that all of our students have the capacity to positively contribute to our world. The shared sense of values and community between families, school and parish ensures respect for the individuality of every child as together we live our vision as expressed in our school motto, ‘Faith, Love and Learning’.
What we offer
In addition, we offer:
- a competitive salary range – $75,875 – $114,488 (subject to accreditation level and teaching experience), and salary packaging of up to $15,900 annually
- up to 25% discount on school fees for parents of SCS students
- professional development and progression opportunities
- generous Employee Referral Program
- health and wellbeing initiatives and resources, including voice care programs
- flexible working arrangements.
Your major accountabilities will include, but are not limited to:
- implementation and delivery of the SCS Music Education Program
- leading and conducting instrumental/vocal ensembles – eg the school choir
- working collaboratively with the Instrumental Tutors and Classroom Teachers at their schools and within their Network, to deliver quality Performing Arts Education, including public performances, and liturgical and special events
- promoting and implementing Sydney Catholic Schools mission and vision To know and love Christ through learning and Thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning
- promoting and abiding by Sydney Catholic Schools values of empathy, curiosity, excellence, collaboration and truth.
You will have attained:
- a Tertiary qualification in Primary or Secondary Education with extensive Music experience and/or qualifications, plus the ability to teach Dance and Drama
- experience as a Classroom Music, Dance or Drama Teacher in Primary or Secondary schools
- competence in Music Education with the ability to teach Dance and Drama including Composing, Performing and Appreciating
- proven ability and willingness to lead vocal ensembles
- an enthusiastic Educator, driven to inspire children to explore Music, Dance and Drama
- practice informed by a knowledge of contemporary educational research on how students best learn
- confident with the use of relevant technologies
- demonstrated ability to contribute to high quality student performances
- a willingness to support the Catholic ethos of Sydney Catholic Schools, and to contribute to music required for masses and liturgical celebrations when required.
- a current driver’s licence
- a Baptised Catholic with demonstrated evidence of ongoing commitment to the teachings of the Catholic Church and engagement in the life of a Catholic faith community such as a parish or an established community within the Catholic Church, as an expression of their relationship with Jesus Christ.
To apply for this position please click APPLY and follow the prompts to complete your application.
Within your application please provide the following:
- a one-page Cover Letter which outlines how you meet the criteria above
- current resume.
If you have any questions, please contact the talent team via email@example.com.
Statement of Commitment to Child Safety
Click here to access SCS’ Statement of Commitment to Child Safety and join us in creating a culture of child safety and wellbeing.
Working with Children Check
This role is classified as a child-related work endeavour and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
To know and love Christ through learning
To foster thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching
Empathy, curiosity, excellence, collaboration and truth.