Classroom Music Teacher | K-6 |
Galilee Catholic Primary School Bondi
Commencement date: Term 4, 2022
Contract: Part-time, (0.2FTE) 3 year contract
About Sydney Catholic Schools
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Classroom Music Teacher to join our growing Amadeus Music Education Program. Catholic schools have been delivering excellence in education to students in Sydney for 200 years. SCS continues to be a thriving and growing contemporary educational community with over 150 schools, more than 71,000 students,10,000 staff and a large alumni community.
About The School
Galilee Catholic Primary School is located in North Bondi, a beach suburb in Sydney’s east. The school is inspired by the gospel stories of Jesus’ ministry around the shores of Galilee. The vision “Together We Rise to the Challenge” reminds us that we are called just as Jesus called the apostles to act with Faith, Hope, Courage and Generosity – our school values.
A clear understanding of each and every student enables high-quality learning that delivers great results. Our inclusive approach and highly committed team of experienced educators ensure that students are provided with a supportive environment in which they are empowered and challenged to do their best.
The tailored learning at Galilee enhances each child’s education and allows teachers to know and understand each individual. Our focus is not only on achieving outstanding educational standards but enhancing the curriculum by providing opportunities to develop skills in performing arts, music and visual arts and sport.
As a Classroom Music Teacher, your major accountabilities will include, but are not limited to:
- implementation and delivery of the SCS Music Education Program
- leading and conducting instrumental/vocal ensembles – eg the school choir
- working collaboratively with the Instrumental Tutors and Classroom Teachers at their schools and within their Network, to deliver quality Performing Arts Education, including public performances, and liturgical and special events
- an enthusiastic educator, driven to inspire children to explore Music, Dance and Drama
- promoting and implementing Sydney Catholic Schools’ mission and vision To know and love Christ through learning and Thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning
- promoting and abiding by Sydney Catholic Schools’ values of empathy, curiosity, excellence, collaboration and truth.
- leading and coordinating school participation in the SCS events such as SCS Eisteddfod
You will have attained:
- a Tertiary qualification in Primary or Secondary Education with extensive Music experience and/or qualifications, plus the ability to teach Dance and Drama
- experience as a Classroom Music, Dance or Drama Teacher in Primary or Secondary schools
- competence in Music Education with the ability to teach Dance and Drama including Composing, Performing and Appreciating
- proven ability and willingness to lead vocal ensembles
- practice informed by a knowledge of contemporary educational research on how students best learn
- confidence with the use of relevant technologies
- demonstrated ability to contribute to high quality student performances
- a willingness to support the Catholic ethos of Sydney Catholic Schools, and to contribute to music required for masses and liturgical celebrations when required.
- a current driver’s licence
- a Baptised Catholic with demonstrated evidence of ongoing commitment to the teachings of the Catholic Church and engagement in the life of a Catholic faith community such as a parish or an established community within the Catholic Church, as an expression of their relationship with Jesus Christ.
To apply for this position please click APPLY and follow the prompts to complete your application.
Within your application please provide the following:
- a one-page Cover Letter which outlines how you meet the criteria above
- current resume.
If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you encounter technical issues or for any general queries, please contact the People & Culture Service Team on (02) 9568 8297 (8am-5pm Mon – Fri).
Working with Children Check
This role is classified as a child-related work endeavour and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
To know and love Christ through learning
To foster thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching
Empathy, curiosity, excellence, collaboration and truth.