Location: Auburn-Lakemba Catholic Education Network, Inner Western Region
Commencement Date: Immediate start or by negotiation
Closing Date: 6 March 2020
Sydney Catholic Schools is seeking a visionary results-driven leader for its first pre to post education Network in Inner Western Region, the Auburn-Lakemba Catholic Education Network. This Network will be the foundation of a broader educational offering in the local community, consisting of 13 schools:
- Trinity Catholic College, Auburn-Regents Park
- St John’s Catholic Primary School, Auburn
- St Joseph the Worker Catholic Primary School, Auburn South
- St Joachim’s Catholic Primary School, Lidcombe
- St Peter Chanel Catholic Primary School, Regents Park
- Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Primary School, Sefton
- Holy Spirit Catholic College, Lakemba
- St John Vianney’s Catholic Primary School, Greenacre
- St Michael’s Catholic Primary School, Belfield
- St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School, Belmore
- St Mel’s Catholic Primary School, Campsie
- St Therese’s Catholic Primary School, Lakemba
- St Jerome’s Catholic Primary School, Punchbowl
Along with these Catholic primary and secondary schools, the Network will include early childhood care and preschool education along with post-school university and vocational education offerings. It will be an innovation hub that links with parishes, business, Government and other not-for-profit organisations to create a community of care that is uniquely Catholic in its scope and operations.
Parents/Carers expect that their child will enter a faith-based educational Network that is academically rigorous, spiritually driven and enthusiastically engaging with music, drama, sport and cutting edge information technology, artificial intelligence and biotechnology.
- A personal commitment to building multiple connections within the Auburn-Lakemba Catholic Education Network with Catholic parishes and the broader Church
- Vision for positioning the Network as the preferred system of education and pastoral care excellence in the local community
- Ability to lead a complex education Network offering the full range of educational experiences from preschool through to university and vocational education
- Demonstrated success in leading a thriving organisation through excellence and innovative learning
- Capacity to engage and influence the educational agenda at a system, national and international level
Sydney Catholic Schools Limited (SCS) is responsible for the leadership, efficient operation and management of the systemic schools which educate approximately 70,000 students in 152 parish primary and regional secondary schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney.
Sydney Catholic Schools’ main focus is providing support for schools and helping to ensure that every student receives a high-quality Catholic education.
If you are an innovative leader and are excited at the prospect of leading the Auburn-Lakemba Catholic Education Network to deliver the best of faith and reason, apply now by submitting your resume and in no more than 500 words within your covering letter, answer the following two questions:
- Why you are the best person to take on this role?
- What have you done in the last five years that shows that you can succeed in this role?
What we Offer
- Competitive salary, including NFP salary packaging and super
- Favourable leave entitlements
- Great supportive team environment, with a constant learning focus
- Purposeful, challenging and value-driven work
- An opportunity to craft the future of education within this Catholic Network
Please find the link to the candidate application gateway to complete your application and be considered for this opportunity: Apply Here
Alternatively, please send a current resume, with an accompanying covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Applications will need to include Parish Priest contact details in order to be considered for shortlisting.
Working with Children Check
This role is classified as child-related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.