PRINCIPAL | K-6 | 108 Students
St Joseph the Worker Catholic Primary School, Auburn South
Commencement Date: Term 1, 30 January 2024
Closing Date: Monday, 9 October 2023
About Sydney Catholic Schools
In joining Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS), you will be part of the largest Catholic education community in NSW, with a unified vision and shared resources, encompassing over 145 schools and more than 72,000 students.
SCS is recognised for outstanding student achievement, with 9 schools in the top 100 of the HSC rankings and 17 schools placing in the top 150. We focus on enabling a quality preschool to post-school learning journey for every child, supported by a team of dedicated educators and caregivers.
About the school
St Joseph the Worker Catholic Primary School Auburn South is a small and inclusive community where the teachers know every child and encourage them to reach their full potential. The school provides experienced, specialised teachers to support the academic needs of each child, helping them to be reflective, self-motivated learners. At St Joseph the Worker Catholic Primary School, priority has been given to create a schoolwide collaborative culture that promotes intellectual rigour, inquiry learning, student voice and effective feedback.
Parents and carers are active in their support, whether it be for a social gathering, prayer celebration, playgroup session, parent information workshop or a school event. They enjoy being part of this school community’s strong sense of belonging, where cultural differences are celebrated.
St Joseph the Worker Catholic Primary School Auburn South is proud of its strong partnership with the parish and its community. St Joseph the Worker has a focus on faith formation of staff, student engagement in Catholic life and strengthening teaching and learning in Religious Education. Year 5 and 6 students have an opportunity to take part in the annual Pope Francis Awards which are designed to help children show signs of love in their daily lives and be active members of their local church.
What we offer:
- attractive remuneration and salary packaging benefits of up to $15,900 annually
- extensive professional development and leadership opportunities
- tailored mentorship program for new principals
- up to 25% discount on school fees for parents of SCS students
- generous Employee Referral Program
- health and wellbeing initiatives and resources, including voice care programs
- flexible working arrangements.
- Are you an innovative educator ready to take the next step in your professional journey?
- Are you committed to lead a dynamic Catholic school of the future?
- Is the value of community important to you?
- Are you energised by creating experiences that challenge schools, students, teachers and parents to achieve and grow in ways they never thought possible?
- Can you build a great team and strong relationships that are faith-filled and optimistic?
- Do you actively contribute to the life, mission and work of the Catholic faith community?
In this exciting and rewarding role, you will be involved in making a difference in the lives of young people by:
- making explicit, through witness and example, the mission of Catholic schools
- leading strategic change through consultation and collaboration with stakeholders
- developing innovative programs to address individual students’ needs
- improving student outcomes by improving the effectiveness of teaching and learning
- creating a school-wide professional learning culture
- monitoring the performance and organisational health of the school to identify ways to improve the educational experience
- promoting a culture of informed decision-making, transparency and collaboration incorporating the use of data
- leading as part of a Network in establishing a compelling pre to post educational experience
- examining the context of the broader community and global educational trends for the benefit of the school.
You will have attained and acquired:
- a Masters in Educational Leadership or another educational discipline
- the requirements of (Category E) in the Accreditation Policy to Work Teach and Lead in Sydney Catholic Schools or agree to meet these requirements in your first contract term.
As an educational leader, you will champion and support the ongoing personal and professional development of yourself and your team. Strategically your vision will be to build and foster a culture of continuous improvement and sustainability in all areas within your school.
SCS offers a generous salary package for school leadership positions and the salaries for SCS Principal roles are available at https://sydcatholicschools.nsw.edu.au/careers/.
Submit your application via the ‘Apply’ button and follow the steps to complete your application. To support your application, you will be required to attach;
General Enquiries: For more information about this role or any general enquiries please contact Emma Gleeson, Supervisor: Talent Acquisition via email at email@example.com.
If you encounter technical issues or for any general enquiries please contact the People & Culture Services team on (02) 9568 8297 (8am-5pm Mon-Fri).
Statement of Commitment to Child Safety
Click here to access SCS’ Statement of Commitment to Child Safety and join us in creating a culture of child safety and wellbeing.
Working With Children Check (WWCC)
This role is classified as child-related work and therefore requires a WWCC clearance prior to commencement of employment.
To know and love Christ through learning.
Thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning.
Truth, empathy, excellence, curiosity, and collaboration.