POSTED ON BEHALF OF CATHOLIC EDUCATION CAIRNS
Commencement Date: Monday, 22 August 2022
Employment Type: Full-Time Permanent Position
Hours: 38 hours per week
Salary Range: Catholic Education Services Office Scale – Level 8 ($122,278 – $135,857)
Closing Date for Applications: Midday, Friday 12 August 2022
MacKillop Catholic College, Mount Peter
MacKillop Catholic College (www.mackillopcatholiccollege.qld.edu.au), a master-planned Prep to Year 12 College, was established in 2016 with Prep-Year 3 classes. The College will progressively develop by year levels and the first Year 12 cohort graduating in 2025. Guided by the authentic discipleship of Saint Mary MacKillop of the Cross, and the Josephite tradition, our mission, to inspire hearts, minds and spirits, is grounded in the vision to provide quality 21st century education to the young people in our community.
About the Role
The Business Manager is responsible for the finance and resource functions of the College and for administrative support services as delegated by the Principal.
The Principal has ultimate responsibility for the leadership and management of the College. The Business Manager aims to lessen the administrative workload of the Leadership Team, allowing them to focus more directly on educational and pastoral issues.
The Business Manager:
- Is responsible to and accountable to the Principal of the College.
- Assists the Principal in administration of the College in the areas of business and administrative support services, such that it operates in an ethical way within the parameters set down by government legislation and regulations, as well as the policies and regulations of the Diocese of Cairns, Catholic Education Services, the College Board and its Committees.
- Provides advice to the Principal on financial, administrative, governance and risk matters.
- Works collaboratively and consultatively with the College Leadership Team.
- Is loyal and supportive of the Principal’s judgments as the final arbiter in the decision-making process.
- Assists the Principal and others in the College community by providing expertise in implementation of a wide variety of administrative and financial tasks.
- Is supportive of the Catholic ethos of the College and ensures that financial and administrative practices are implemented with justice and compassion, demonstrating a genuine concern for people.
- Develops and maintains positive and effective relationships with the Principal, other College staff, students, parents and the wider community.
- When required, coordinates and manages whole school issues so that the College-wide perspective is fostered and encouraged.
- As necessary performs duties of the Finance Officers in their absence.
- Formal qualifications at Degree level are required, along with relevant post-graduate qualifications or extensive and relevant experience as required by the employer.
- Current drivers licence.
- A strong demonstrated commitment to the objectives, vision and ethos of Catholic Education.
- Promote child safety at all times.
What we offer
- 5 Week’s Annual Leave, (17.5% leave loading on 4 weeks)
- Access to salary packaging options to maximise your salary
- Access to additional Employer Superannuation Contributions
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service (portability of Long Service Leave may also be applicable)
- 14 Weeks’ paid parental leave
- Access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
For further information about the role, please download the Position Description 220729 Business Manager PD MCC.pdf
Intending applicants must be fully committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation.
Catholic Education is an equal opportunity employer.
Melissa Canton – Administration Officer, Human Resources
P: 4081 7600