ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL | K-6 | 595 Students
Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School Cabramatta
Commencement Date: Term 1, 27 January 2023
Closing Date: Wednesday, 17 August 2022
About Sydney Catholic Schools
Catholic schools have been delivering excellence in education to Sydney school students for 200 years. Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) continues to be a thriving and growing contemporary educational community with over 150 schools, more than 71,000 students, 10,000 staff and a large alumni community.
About the School
Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School Cabramatta is a diverse and inclusive learning community.
Our school has a close connection with the Catholic parish of Sacred Heart Cabramatta. School and parish work together to enliven the liturgical and prayer experiences for our students and their families.
Sacred Heart has a culture of continuous improvement based on the principles of shared decision making and teamwork. Resilience, creativity and perseverance are developed in a most contemporary setting. Our students strive for their personal best – academically, in sport, the arts and in digital technology. As a community of learners, we are committed to working together to guide and support every student in our care to reach their very best.
As the Assistant Principal, you will have the opportunity to professionally grow and play a vital part in establishing a deep sense of belonging and partnership within the community. Key areas of responsibility include working closely with staff to ensure the best pedagogical practice, professional performance and learning growth for each and every student. You will have strong communication skills, outstanding interpersonal skills, the proven ability to work collaboratively, and be driven to learn and implement new ideas across the entire school community.
To be considered for this role, you must demonstrate impact in:
- leading a school-wide culture that is characterised by high performance, continuous improvement, data informed decision making and a commitment to best practice
- developing and implementing effective strategies for high-quality induction and professional learning of staff, including performance reviews to build professional capacity
- collaboratively leading a culture of effective, distributive, and sustainable religious leadership, prioritising partnership with parish communities and the wider Church
- leading with exemplary practice in planning, implementing, and reviewing teaching and learning strategies and programs to develop student knowledge, understanding and skills
- leading within a network to promote the reciprocal benefits of school and system partnerships
- fostering strong professional networks and partnerships to share best practice and deliver improved student outcomes
- contributing actively to the life and mission of the Catholic Church, through word and action, demonstrating the values of the Gospel at work.
You will have attained or be pursuing the following qualifications:
- postgraduate qualifications or Masters in Leadership, Religion,Theology or a relevant educational field
- requirements of (Category E) in the Accreditation Policy to Work Teach and Lead in Sydney Catholic Schools or agree to meet these requirements in your first contract term.
SCS offers a generous salary package for school leadership positions and the salaries for SCS Assistant Principal roles are available at https://sydcatholicschools.nsw.edu.au/careers.
Submit your application via the ‘Apply’ button and follow the steps to complete your application.
To complete the application process you will need to attach:
For any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Rafy Farah, Recruitment Partner via email@example.com.
Working With Children Check (WWCC)
This role is classified as child-related work and therefore requires a WWCC clearance prior to commencement of employment.
To know and love Christ through learning.
Thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning.
Truth, empathy, excellence, curiosity, and collaboration.