Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is responsible for the leadership of 150 Catholic primary and secondary schools across the Archdiocese of Sydney, which educates more than 70,000 students. Our mission is to know and love Christ through learning and our vision is to foster thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning. At the heart of all we do are our core values of empathy, curiosity, excellence, collaboration, and truth.
ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL | 7-12 | 900 Students
Mary MacKillop Catholic College, Wakeley
Commencement Date: 19th April 2021 (or earlier by negotiation)
Closing Date: 13th January 2021
Mary MacKillop Catholic College Wakeley is a vibrant all-girls educational and faith community where students are encouraged to achieve academic excellence. Through a rich and varied curriculum, a focus on wellbeing and living the Josephite charism of respecting the dignity of all, we support every girl in achieving their best.
Our college vision, ‘To call young women to life, inspire a love of learning and empower them to make a difference in the world’, is realised through dynamic teaching, personalised learning and authentic engagement in faith and social justice.
As the Assistant Principal, you will play a vital part in establishing a sense of belonging and partnership with our community and parishes for families and students. Key areas of supporting the Principal include pastoral leadership, teaching and care.
Additionally, your role as a senior leader at Mary MacKillop supports the Principal in modelling faith in action and delivering the strategic school goals as well as the day-to-day operations of the school including mentoring/management of school staff, communications, processes, systems, safety and security, and student wellbeing.
To be considered for this role, you must demonstrate proven experience in:
- supporting the creation of a contemporary, student-centric learning culture;
- developing and implementing effective strategies for high-quality induction and professional learning of staff including performance reviews;
- driving a personal and team commitment to continuous school improvement using problem-solving, creative thinking, feedback and advice;
- motivating and working with others to initiate and foster evidence-based reflection, and future-focused improvement and innovation to achieve best practices in contemporary teaching and learning;
- creating a Catholic learning culture of shared responsibility focused on quality teaching and quality learning for all students;
- managing and leading change and improvement within a school and its community;
- creating a culture of inclusion and hospitality by initiating relevant opportunities to engage with parents, caregivers, and Church to build and maintain effective partnerships.
- engagement and contribution to the life and mission of the Catholic Church, including being a practising Catholic who demonstrates the values of the Gospel into work.
You will also possess the following qualifications:
- Postgraduate study in Leadership
- Accreditation for Senior Leadership in a Catholic School (Category E), Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic schools Archdiocese of Sydney
- Evidence of performance at higher levels (Highly Accomplished or Lead) against the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
To complete the application process you will need to attach:
- Cover letter
- Parish Priest reference form
- Academic transcripts
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as child-related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed before your commencement with us.
To know and love Christ through learning.
Thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning.
Truth, empathy, excellence, curiosity, and collaboration.