Catholic schools have been delivering excellence in education to Sydney school students for 200 years. Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) continues to be a thriving and growing contemporary educational community with over 150 schools, more than 71,000 current students, 10,000 staff and a large alumni community.
Artist in Residence – Visual Arts
Location: Sydney Catholic Schools Arts Office, Burwood
Commencement Date: Immediate or by negotiation
Closing Date: 17 May 2022
Capacity: Part-time (1 day per week) until 23 December 2022 with possibility to be renewed for another 12 months
We are looking for an Artist in Residence – Visual Arts to guide and direct students in an extensive Arts Education Program inspiring students to build technical skills, explore creativity, and prepare exhibitions for different audiences. As the Artist In Residence you will work across primary and secondary schools within Sydney Catholic Schools (“SCS”).
The successful candidate for this position will be a highly effective leader responsible for:
- Developing and delivering the SCS Arts program within and across schools
- tutoring and inspiring students to create and exhibit artworks (visual arts)
- teaching small groups where required.
- assisting with the allocation, distribution and collection of creative arts resources to students.
- maintaining attendance records for workshops
- working collaboratively with other Artists In Residence, Classroom Teachers and Archdiocesan Arts Education Officers to ensure the smooth running of arts events
- promoting and abiding by Sydney Catholic Schools values of empathy, curiosity, excellence, collaboration and truth
- promoting and implementing Sydney Catholic Schools mission and vision “To know and love Christ through learning and Thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning”.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- demonstrated experience as a highly-skilled visual artist and tutor
- demonstrated ability to work in a team
- demonstrated ability to inspire young people to find their passion in the visual arts
- demonstrated ability to motivate all students at differing levels of ability and interest
- demonstrated outstanding organisational skills.
Desirable criteria includes
- a Tertiary Qualification in visual arts, or currently studying visual arts at Tertiary level would be desirable
- experience in staging exhibits
- proficiency with the Google Suite and workplace collaboration tools.
- proficiency with, or willingness to learn, Canvas
- a current driver’s licence.
To apply for this position please click on the APPLY button and follow the prompts.
For any internal candidates please apply via your ‘Careers tile’ in Employee Self Service.
To support your application, you will be required to provide:
- Your current resume
- Cover letter
- Covid vaccine certificate
If you encounter technical issues or for any general enquiries please contact the People & Culture Services team on (02) 9568 8297 (Mon-Fri).
Working With Children Check (WWCC)
This role is classified as child-related work and therefore requires a WWCC clearance prior to commencement of employment.
COVID-19 VACCINATION EVIDENCE
Sydney Catholic Schools is committed to ensuring the safety of our staff, students and school communities. In line with the Public Health (COVID-19 Vaccination of Education and Care Workers) Order 2021, all of our staff are required to provide Vaccination Evidence that is compliant with the Order as a condition of employment. Compliance with the Order and providing the evidence is an essential requirement of employment with Sydney Catholic Schools.
To know and love Christ through learning.
Thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning.
Truth, empathy, excellence, curiosity and collaboration.