Catholic schools have been delivering excellence in education to Sydney school students for 200 years. Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) continues to be a thriving and growing contemporary educational community with over 150 schools, more than 71,000 current students, 10,000 staff and a large alumni community.
Arrowsmith Program Teacher, 0.8 FTE
The Arrowsmith Program Teacher facilitates the delivery of the Arrowsmith Program within a Catholic school context. The successful candidate will be provided with full Arrowsmith program training in preparation for taking up their role.
To be considered for this role, you must have the capacity and proven ability to:
- engage positively in professional learning and apply knowledge gained in Arrowsmith program training to the delivery of program content and processes through effective, content-rich teaching activities
- plan personalised programs aligned with the Arrowsmith Program to provide for students’ varying needs and abilities
- utilise a variety of appropriate teaching strategies and resources, including technology, to make content meaningful to students
- work productively and openly with colleagues in reviewing teaching strategies and refining professional knowledge and practice
- strengthen knowledge of contemporary behaviour management strategies
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
- Arrowsmith teachers are required to possess NESA accreditation
- University degree in Education or Teaching
- Experience in teaching in primary or secondary settings
- Willingness to undertake Arrowsmith Program training
- Willingness to respect, support and uphold the mission, ethos and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of Sydney Catholic Schools
To apply for this position please click on the APPLY button and follow the prompts.
For any internal candidates please apply via your ‘Careers tile’ in Employee Self Service.
To support your application, you will be required to provide:
- Your current resume
- Cover letter
If you encounter technical issues or for any general enquiries please contact the People & Culture Services team on (02) 9568 8297 (Mon-Fri).
Working With Children Check (WWCC)
This role is classified as child-related work and therefore requires a WWCC clearance prior to commencement of employment.
COVID-19 Vaccination Evidence
Sydney Catholic Schools is committed to ensuring the safety of our staff, students and school communities. In line with the Public Health (COVID-19 Vaccination of Education Care Workers) Order 2021, all of our staff are required to provide Vaccination Evidence that is compliant with the Order as a condition of employment. Compliance with the Order and providing the evidence is an essential requirement of employment with Sydney Catholic Schools.
To know and love Christ through learning.
Thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning.
Truth, empathy, excellence, curiosity and collaboration.