Catholic schools have been delivering excellence in education to Sydney school students for 200 years. Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) continues to be a thriving and growing contemporary educational community with over 150 schools, more than 71,000 current students, 10,000 staff and a large alumni community.
Arrowsmith Program Learning Support Officer
The Arrowsmith Program Learning Support Officer assists in the provision of education and pastoral care for students within the framework of the Arrowsmith Program. The role works collaboratively with the Arrowsmith Program Teacher. Arrowsmith Program training will be provided for the successful candidate.
Reporting to the Arrowsmith Program Teacher, the Learning Support Officer will be required to perform tasks, which include but are not limited to:
- ensuring students are constantly motivated through creating and implementing strategies that reinforce students’ learning
- applying knowledge of the Arrowsmith content and processes through effective, content-rich teaching activities and programs
- maintaining efficient record-keeping systems to monitor students’ learning progress cooperatively with the Arrowsmith teacher
- using a variety of appropriate strategies and resources, including technology to make content meaningful to students
- participating in required Arrowsmith Professional Learning
- strengthening knowledge in current behaviour management strategies or any other relevant skills
- working collaboratively with the Arrowsmith teacher to ensure homework is marked daily and appropriate feedback is given to students
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
- Post-secondary qualifications equivalent to Certificate III or IV or Diploma level
- Willingness to actively engage with Arrowsmith Program training
- Respect and support for the mission, ethos and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of Sydney Catholic Schools.
To apply for this position please click on the APPLY button and follow the prompts.
For any internal candidates please apply via your ‘Careers tile’ in Employee Self Service.
To support your application, you will be required to provide:
- Your current resume
- Cover letter
If you encounter technical issues or for any general enquiries please contact the People & Culture Services team on (02) 9568 8297 (Mon-Fri).
Working With Children Check (WWCC)
This role is classified as child-related work and therefore requires a WWCC clearance prior to commencement of employment.
COVID-19 Vaccination Evidence
Sydney Catholic Schools is committed to ensuring the safety of our staff, students and school communities. In line with the Public Health (COVID-19 Vaccination of Education Care Workers) Order 2021, all of our staff are required to provide Vaccination Evidence that is compliant with the Order as a condition of employment. Compliance with the Order and providing the evidence is an essential requirement of employment with Sydney Catholic Schools.
To know and love Christ through learning.
Thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning.
Truth, empathy, excellence, curiosity and collaboration.