Location: World Square, 680 George Street, Sydney (agile working environment with a hybrid of work-from-home and office)
Commencement Date: Immediate Start (or by negotiation)
Closing Date: Thursday, 7 July 2022
Capacity: Permanent, Full-time
Number of positions: 1
Sydney Catholic Schools has been delivering excellence in education to Sydney school students for 200 years. SCS continues to be a thriving and growing contemporary educational community with over 150 schools, more than 71,000 current students, 10,000 staff, and a large alumni community.
We are an inclusive organisation looking for people who have the willingness to respect, support, and uphold the mission, ethos, and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of Sydney Catholic Schools.
About the Role
Reporting to the Supervisor: Planning and Property, the position of Architectural Designer will be responsible for creating school master plans that comply with SCS system-wide strategic planning objectives and vision for best education based Catholic communities.
This function involves a review of planning instruments and demographics, and identifying site specific planning solutions that optimise development that also achieve the functional school requirements within overall capital works budget controls.
The role also includes stakeholder engagement and presentations.
As an Architectural Designer, you will be responsible for:
- gathering and collecting design requirements for new constructions, alterations or repairs, and preparing architecture design based on design requirements
- providing analytics on construction, time, cost, resources, and other specifications to management for consideration and feasibility assessment of projects
- managing, supporting and guiding designers involved in preparing drawings
- reviewing design requirements and determining best design options for building projects. This includes modifying and updating designs based on review comments from management
- using CAD tools effectively to draft design drawings including 3D models
- evaluating site conditions and constraints ensuring construction projects adhere to appropriate WHS legislation
- maintaining all the documentations related to architectural designs and construction conditions
- updating existing design techniques with respect to latest design trends
- providing issue management and support, responding to emerging issues to ensure effective resolution with minimal risk to the organisation
- leading and/or contributing to projects to support the achievement of enterprise strategic and operational objectives
- developing and overseeing the implementation and evaluation of administrative practices, systems and procedures to optimise efficiency and support the achievement of quality outcomes
- undertaking risk assessments
- any other duties as directed from time to time.
To be successful in this position, you must possess:
- Bachelor degree in architecture
- previous experience under the guidance of a qualified Architect
- a portfolio demonstrating previous project work and creativity
- hands on experience using CAD software
- ability to work with sensitive and confidential information
- experience in customer service and liaising with a diverse range of stakeholders.
In addition, the successful candidate must have:
- a good understanding of the Building Code of Australia (BCA) and NCC
- current driver’s licence and be able to travel across Sydney.
What we Offer
- flexible working arrangements/ hybrid workplace
- competitive remuneration with on-going training and support.
- the ability to build your career in a multi-disciplined business environment
- a supportive team committed to great work life balance.
To apply for this position please click APPLY NOW and follow the prompts.
For any internal candidates please apply via your ‘Careers tile’ in Employee Self Service.
To support your application, you will be required to provide:
- your current resume
- cover letter highlighting your experience in meeting the responsibilities of this role
- portfolio of your project works to showcase your creativity (in PDF)
If you encounter technical issues or for any general enquiries please contact the People & Culture Services team on (02) 9568 8297 (Mon-Fri) and quote position number 2237.
Working With Children Check (WWCC)
This role is classified as child-related work and therefore requires a WWCC clearance prior to commencement of employment.It involves a national criminal history check and a review of findings of workplace misconduct. Also, as a permanent position, you need to be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
COVID-19 VACCINATION EVIDENCE
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is committed to ensuring the safety of our staff, students and school communities. In line with SCS’ COVID-19 Policy, all staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (or subsequent variants) or have an approved medical contraindication which prevents them from receiving any dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine in order to work at or with a school, in central office or at any other location at which work is carried out by SCS. Compliance with this policy and providing evidence of vaccination is an essential requirement of employment.