Location: Central Office, Leichhardt
Commencement Date: Immediate start
Closing Date: 28 February 2021
Capacity: Full-time, 12 month contract
Number of positions: 1
Who are we?
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is responsible for the leadership of 150 Catholic primary and secondary schools across the Archdiocese of Sydney, which educates more than 70,000 students. Our mission is to know and love Christ through learning and our vision is to foster thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning. At the heart of all we do are our core values of empathy, curiosity, excellence, collaboration and truth.
Reporting to the Manager: Research and Innovation and providing support services to the Education and Research team members to enable the efficient operation of the team.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for:
- Providing administrative services including filing, mail receipt and sorting, handling invoices, diary management, meeting and event support, managing systems and creating and compiling documents to support the effective operation of the team/unit.
- Collecting and compiling information to support the development of documentation and reports.
- Responding to enquiries and routine requests for information, escalating enquiries as necessary, to ensure the provision of accurate information.
- Updating records and databases, complying with records management processes, to ensure information is accurate, stored correctly and accessible.
- Any other duties as directed from time to time.
- Liaising and consulting as appropriate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Promote and implement Sydney Catholic Schools mission To know and love Christ through learning and vision of Thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning.
- Promote and abide by Sydney Catholic Schools values of empathy, curiosity, excellence, collaboration and truth.
To be considered for this role, you will have the following experience, skills and knowledge:
- TAFE NSW/College certificate III/IV or equivalent qualification in administration.
- High level computer literacy through proficiency in Google and Microsoft Office packages, SharePoint, Google mail/apps, and PHRIS.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Excellent telephone manner, flexibility and high order skills in handling difficult conversations.
- Excellence in customer and client service.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a team environment.
- High order written, oral and presentation skills.
- Valid Working With Children Check clearance (WWC) number.
- Ability to respect, support and uphold the mission, ethos and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of Sydney Catholic Schools.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE.
Alternatively, if you are a current Sydney Catholic Schools Ltd employee, please CLICK HERE to apply.
Working with Children Clearance
This role is classified as a child-related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed before your commencement.
**Currently based in Leichhardt but will be relocating mid year to a Sydney CBD location.