Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) has been delivering excellence in education to Sydney school students for 200 years. SCS continues to be a thriving and growing contemporary educational community with over 150 schools, more than 71,000 current students, 10,000 staff and a large alumni community.
ACTING RELIGIOUS EDUCATION COORDINATOR l K-6 l 82 Students
Our Lady of Mt Carmel Catholic Primary School Waterloo
Commencement Date: Term 1, 28 January 2022 (12 Month Contract)
Closing Date: Tuesday, 19 October 2021
The Religious Education Coordinator sits on the school Leadership team and shares responsibility for the Catholic life of the school, leadership of its vision, mission and strategic priorities, and contributes to the school’s strategic and operational management. The Religious Education Coordinator has delegated responsibility for the coordination and supervision of teaching and learning in Religious Education. The position requires an outstanding educator with a well-developed capacity to evangelise and engage students and communities in the mission of Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Our Lady of Mount Carmel Catholic Primary School Waterloo develops confident, compassionate and successful students who are ready for the challenges of the future.
Experienced and highly skilled teachers ensure a rigorous program that delivers strong academic results. When coupled with our wellbeing programs and a caring Catholic environment, we ensure every student becomes a confident and resilient learner.
The successful candidate for this position will be a highly effective and Catholic leader who:
- is a committed Catholic who understands the evangelising mission of Catholic schools
- is a leader of Catholic identity and mission at a school and / or system level
- is committed to working closely with the priests and the parish community
- can lead the preparation of liturgies and celebrations
- is able to lead Religious Education in all aspects of curriculum development and implementation
- is a strong, contemporary leader of learning, with the capacity to lead change and demonstrate contemporary pedagogy that focuses on improving student learning
- is a person who can effectively communicate with a variety of stakeholders and build relationships
- can analyse and use data to inform learning and engage in future planning
- has an understanding of, and ability to differentiate, curriculum
- has the ability to work collaboratively across all stages
- is adaptable in working within a ‘shared leadership’ model.
The successful candidate will also possess the following qualifications:
Submit your application via the ‘Apply’ button and follow the steps to complete.
To complete the application process you will need to attach:
For any enquiries, please contact the Mission and Identity team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working With Children Check (WWCC)
This role is classified as child-related work and therefore requires a WWCC clearance prior to commencement of employment.
To know and love Christ through learning.
Thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning.
Truth, empathy, excellence, curiosity and collaboration.