Location: St. Vincent’s Catholic Primary School, Ashfield |K-6 | 208 Students
Commencement Date: 12 October 2020 – 27 January 2022
Closing Date: 30September 2020
As a member of the school leadership team, the Religious Education Coordinator shares responsibility for the development of the Catholic life of the school, leadership of its vision, mission and strategic priorities and contribution to the management of the school. The Religious Education Coordinator has delegated responsibility for the coordination and supervision of teaching and learning in Religious Education. This position requires an outstanding educator with a well-developed capacity to take forward the evangelising mission of Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
St Vincent’s is a systemic Catholic primary school, located in Ashfield in the Inner Western Region of the Archdiocese of Sydney. It was established in the 1870 and for nearly one hundred years was administered by the Sisters of Charity. The Sisters of Charity then asked the Vincentian’s to lead.
St Vincent’s is a highly multicultural school, which embraces the motto ‘Learning Together’, encouraging a spirit of mutual co-operation, respect and the unity of a vast range of cultural groups, thriving by learning together. St Vincent’s is a one-stream school catering for boys and girls from Kindergarten to Year 6.
The successful candidate for this position will be a highly effective and Catholic leader who:
- Is a committed Catholic who understands the evangelising mission of the Catholic school;
- Is a leader of Catholic identity and mission at a school and / or system level;
- Is committed to working closely with the Priests and the parish community;
- Can lead the preparation of liturgies and celebrations;
- Is able to lead Religious Education in all aspects of curriculum development and implementation;
- Is a strong, contemporary leader of learning, with the capacity to lead change and demonstrate contemporary pedagogy that focuses on improving student learning;
- Is a person who can effectively communicate with a variety of stakeholders and build relationships;
- Can analyse and use data to inform learning and engage in future planning;
- Has an understanding of, and ability to differentiate, curriculum;
- Has the ability to work collaboratively across all stages;
- Is adaptable in working within a ‘shared leadership’ model.
The successful candidate will also possess the following qualifications:
- Has completed, or has evidence of, study toward a Graduate Diploma or Master of Religious Education/Theology;
- Has Category E Accreditation in accordance with To Work, Teach and Leadin systemic Catholic schools Archdiocese of Sydney Accreditation (6.5);
- Demonstrates the standard descriptors at Lead Teacher Level, in accordance with the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers;
- Post graduate units of study in Leadership (Advantageous).
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE and follow the prompts.
Alternatively, if you are a current Sydney Catholic Schools Ltd employee, please CLICK HERE to apply.
To complete the application process you will need to attach:
- Cover Letter
- Academic Transcripts
- Parish Priest Reference
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
To know and love Christ through learning
Thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning
Truth, empathy, excellence, curiosity and collaboration