Catholic schools have been delivering excellence in education to Sydney school students for 200 years. Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) continues to be a thriving and growing contemporary educational community with over 150 schools, more than 71,000 current students, 10,000 staff and a large alumni community.
ACTING FAMILY EDUCATOR l K-6 l 398 Students
St Peter Chanel Catholic Primary School Regents Park
Commencement Date: Term 1, 2022 – Friday, 1 July 2022
Closing Date: Sunday, 23 January 2022
Capacity: 0.5 FTE (38 hours per fortnight)
We are currently seeking a Family Educator to join SCS across the Sydney Archdiocese. This pivotal role is part of the Mission and Identity team and works closely with SCS Church Engagement Officers.
This position is responsible for building and maintaining welcoming school environments whilst ensuring sound, respectful relationships exist between school, parents/families and the parish. The myriad of quality initiatives, events and activities created and implemented by the Family Educator contribute to vibrant faith communities within our system of Catholic schools.
The Family Educator will primarily work in partnership with a range of stakeholders: the principal, parents, the parish priest, parish staff, the Religious Education Coordinator and a range of church agencies and organisations.
As a significant contributor to the religious leadership of the school within the Catholic school system, the Family Educator is required to be adaptable, creative and able to customise their work to meet the specific needs of the community.
The successful candidate for this position will demonstrate:
- strong and active commitment to the practice of the Catholic Faith
- experience in parish ministry, such as but not limited to Sacramental programme, family/children’s liturgy, baptismal group, prayer groups, etc
- ability to articulate an understanding of the evangelising and catechising mission of the Catholic Church
- ability to present church doctrine and scripture in the appropriate context of time, place and culture
- competency and creativity in initiating, organising and facilitating a range of opportunities and forums to connect/reconnect and engage parents and families with the religious life of the school and parish
- highly developed interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- highly developed time management and organisational skills
- commitment to participate in and contribute to a formation program facilitated by the Sydney Catholic Schools Central Office
- demonstrates a strategic outlook and understands the school within the broader educational, ecclesial and communal context
- exercises refined project management skills to deliver agreed initiatives in a timely and effective manner.
To apply for this position please click the Apply button and follow the prompts.
For any internal candidates please apply via your ‘Careers tile’ in Employee Self Service.
To complete the application process you will need to attach:
For any enquiries, please contact the Mission and Identity team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working With Children Check (WWCC)
This role is classified as child-related work and therefore requires a WWCC clearance prior to commencement of employment.
COVID-19 Vaccination Evidence
Sydney Catholic Schools is committed to ensuring the safety of our staff, students and school communities. In line with the Public Health (COVID-19 Vaccination of Education Care Workers) Order 2021, all of our staff are required to provide Vaccination Evidence that is compliant with the Order as a condition of employment. Compliance with the Order and providing the evidence is an essential requirement of employment with Sydney Catholic Schools.
To know and love Christ through learning.
Thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning.
Truth, empathy, excellence, curiosity and collaboration.