ACTING ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL | K–6 | 118 Students
St Michael’s Catholic Primary School Stanmore
Commencement Date: Term 1, 27 January 2023
Closing Date: Wednesday, 17 August 2022
About Sydney Catholic Schools
Catholic schools have been delivering excellence in education to Sydney school students for 200 years. Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) continues to be a thriving and growing contemporary educational community with over 150 schools, more than 71,000 students, 10,000 staff and a large alumni community.
About the school
St Michael’s Catholic Primary School Stanmore, offers a curriculum that is unique and tailored to each child’s learning style. Students learn and grow at different rates, and teachers and staff have placed a strong focus on the use of data to assess, identify and target the specific learning needs of students.
To assist students to identify and strengthen their talents, the school offers extracurricular activities including, creative and performing arts, robotics and coding, Mandarin and Chess Club to name a few.
The school, Parish and community all work towards providing students with the tools to obtain academic excellence and the ability to grow and develop their knowledge and understanding of the Catholic faith, valuing Jesus Christ as the centre of their faith and life.
As the Acting Assistant Principal, you will have the opportunity to professionally grow and play a vital part in establishing a deep sense of belonging and partnership within the community. Key areas of responsibility include working closely with staff to ensure the best pedagogical practice, professional performance and learning growth for each and every student. You will have strong communication skills, outstanding interpersonal skills, the proven ability to work collaboratively and be driven to learn and implement new ideas across the entire school community.
To be considered for this role, you must demonstrate impact in:
- leading a school-wide culture that is characterised by high performance, continuous improvement, data-informed decision making and a commitment to best practice
- developing and implementing effective strategies for high-quality induction and professional learning of staff, including performance reviews to build professional capacity
- collaboratively leading a culture of effective, distributive, and sustainable religious leadership, prioritising partnership with parish communities and the wider Church
- leading with exemplary practice in planning, implementing, and reviewing teaching and learning strategies and programs to develop student knowledge, understanding and skills
- leading within a network to promote the reciprocal benefits of school and system partnerships
- fostering strong professional networks and partnerships to share best practice and deliver improved student outcomes
- contributing actively to the life and mission of the Catholic Church, through word and action, demonstrating the values of the Gospel at work.
You will have attained or be pursuing the following qualifications:
- postgraduate qualifications or Masters in Leadership, Religion, Theology or a relevant educational field
- requirements of (Category E) in the Accreditation Policy to Work Teach and Lead in Sydney Catholic Schools or agree to meet these requirements in your first contract term.
SCS offers a generous salary package for school leadership positions and the salaries for SCS Assistant Principal roles are available at https://sydcatholicschools.nsw.edu.au/careers.
Submit your application via the ‘Apply’ button and follow the steps to complete your application.
To complete the application process you will need to attach:
Working With Children Check (WWCC)
This role is classified as child-related work and therefore requires a WWCC clearance prior to commencement of employment.
To know and love Christ through learning.
Thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning.
Truth, empathy, excellence, curiosity, and collaboration.