Catholic schools have been delivering excellence in education to Sydney school students for 200 years. Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) continues to be a thriving and growing contemporary educational community with 150 schools, more than 71,000 current students, 10,000 staff and a large alumni community.
ACTING ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL (12 months) | K-6 | 347 Students
Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Primary School Earlwood
Commencement Date: Term 1, 28 January 2022 – 26 January 2023
Closing Date: Wednesday, 1 December 2021
Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Primary School Earlwood takes a holistic approach to education where each child has the opportunity to develop their spiritual, social, academic, physical and creative domains ensuring they are well equipped to accept the challenges of high school and life beyond.
Our approach to teaching and learning provides our students with the skills necessary to confidently participate in 21st-century learning. They are encouraged to be self-directed and collaborative learners constantly reflecting on what and how they learn best.
We provide all children with opportunities to engage with and develop their Catholic faith. We work in close partnership with the parish and wider community to ensure the children have a sense of belonging to a universal family of believers.
As the Acting Assistant Principal, you will have the opportunity to professionally grow and play a vital part in establishing a sense of belonging and partnership within our community. Key areas of responsibility include pastoral leadership, teaching and learning and community engagement. You will have strong communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and be driven to learn and bring new ideas to the leadership team.
To be considered for this role, you must demonstrate proven experience in:
- leading a school wide culture that is characterised by high performance, continuous improvement, data informed decision making and commitment to best practice
- developing and implementing effective strategies for high-quality induction and professional learning of staff, including performance reviews to build professional capacity
- driving a whole school commitment to continuous improvement using problem-solving, creative thinking, feedback and advice
- motivating and working with others to initiate and foster evidence-based reflection and improvement, ensuring best practice in contemporary teaching and learning
- understanding the diverse nature of learners and proven excellence in meeting their needs
- leading within a network to promote the reciprocal benefits of school and system partnerships
- creating a culture of inclusion and hospitality by initiating relevant opportunities to engage with parents, caregivers and parish to build and maintain effective partnerships
- contributing actively to the life and mission of the Catholic Church, through word and action, demonstrating the values of the Gospel at work.
You will have attained or be pursuing the following qualifications:
- postgraduate studies in Leadership, Religion, Theology or another relevant educational field
- requirements of (Category E) in the Accreditation Policy to Work Teach and Lead in Sydney Catholic Schools or agree to meet these requirements in your first contract term.
SCS offers a generous salary package for school leadership positions and the salaries for SCS Assistant Principal roles are available at https://sydcatholicschools.nsw.edu.au/careers.
Submit your application via the ‘Apply’ button and follow the steps to complete your application.
To complete the application process you will need to attach:
- cover letter (addressing the above criteria)
Working With Children Check (WWCC)
This role is classified as child-related work and therefore requires a WWCC clearance prior to commencement of employment.
COVID-19 Vaccination Evidence
Sydney Catholic Schools is committed to ensuring the safety of our staff, students and school communities. In line with the Public Health (COVID-19 Vaccination of Education Care Workers) Order 2021, all of our staff are required to provide Vaccination Evidence that is compliant with the Order as a condition of employment. Compliance with the Order and providing the evidence is an essential requirement of employment with Sydney Catholic Schools.
To know and love Christ through learning.
Thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning.
Truth, empathy, excellence, curiosity, and collaboration.