Catholic schools have been delivering excellence in education to Sydney school students for 200 years. Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) continues to be a thriving and growing contemporary educational community with 150 schools, more than 71,000 current students, 10,000 staff and a large alumni community.
ACTING ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL (12 months) | K-6 | 154 Students
Holy Innocents’ Catholic Primary School Croydon Park
Commencement Date: Term 1, 28 January 2022 – 26 January 2023
Closing Date: Wednesday, 1 December 2021
Holy Innocents’ Catholic Primary School Croydon Park is an inclusive and engaging community where Catholic values and strong relationships between students, teachers and parents are nurtured. Our enthusiastic and experienced teachers celebrate the school’s commitment to see children grow and reach their full potential.
We provide extensive co-curricular opportunities that, when coupled with contemporary learning spaces and open areas, allow children to thrive, socialise and discover their passions. It is this holistic approach that makes this school community a great place to be educated.
As the Acting Assistant Principal for the 2022 school year, you will have the opportunity to professionally grow and play a vital part in establishing a sense of belonging and partnership within our community. Key areas of responsibility include pastoral leadership, teaching and learning and community engagement. You will have strong communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and be driven to learn and bring new ideas to the leadership team.
To be considered for this role, you must demonstrate proven experience in:
- leading a school wide culture that is characterised by high performance, continuous improvement, data informed decision making and commitment to best practice
- developing and implementing effective strategies for high-quality induction and professional learning of staff, including performance reviews to build professional capacity
- driving a whole school commitment to continuous improvement using problem-solving, creative thinking, feedback and advice
- motivating and working with others to initiate and foster evidence-based reflection and improvement, ensuring best practice in contemporary teaching and learning
- understanding the diverse nature of learners and proven excellence in meeting their needs
- leading within a network to promote the reciprocal benefits of school and system partnerships
- creating a culture of inclusion and hospitality by initiating relevant opportunities to engage with parents, caregivers and parish to build and maintain effective partnerships
- contributing actively to the life and mission of the Catholic Church, through word and action, demonstrating the values of the Gospel at work.
You will have attained or be pursuing the following qualifications:
- postgraduate studies in Leadership, Religion, Theology or another relevant educational field
- requirements of (Category E) in the Accreditation Policy to Work Teach and Lead in Sydney Catholic Schools or agree to meet these requirements in your first contract term.
SCS offers a generous salary package for school leadership positions and the salaries for SCS Assistant Principal roles are available at https://sydcatholicschools.nsw.edu.au/careers.
Submit your application via the ‘Apply’ button and follow the steps to complete your application.
To complete the application process you will need to attach:
- cover letter (addressing the above criteria)
Working With Children Check (WWCC)
This role is classified as child-related work and therefore requires a WWCC clearance prior to commencement of employment.
COVID-19 Vaccination Evidence
Sydney Catholic Schools is committed to ensuring the safety of our staff, students and school communities. In line with the Public Health (COVID-19 Vaccination of Education Care Workers) Order 2021, all of our staff are required to provide Vaccination Evidence that is compliant with the Order as a condition of employment. Compliance with the Order and providing the evidence is an essential requirement of employment with Sydney Catholic Schools.
To know and love Christ through learning.
Thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning.
Truth, empathy, excellence, curiosity, and collaboration.