Accounts Payable Clerk
Location: World Square, 680 George Street, Sydney (agile working environment with a hybrid of work-from-home and office)
Commencement Date: Immediate Start (or by negotiation)
Closing Date: Friday, 8 July 2022
Capacity: Permanent, Full-time
Number of positions: 1
Catholic Schools has been delivering excellence in education to Sydney school students for 200 years. SCS continues to be a thriving and growing contemporary educational community with over 150 schools, more than 71,000 current students, 10,000 staff, and a large alumni community.
We are an inclusive organisation looking for people who have the willingness to respect, support, and uphold the mission, ethos, and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of Sydney Catholic Schools.
About the role
Reporting to Supervisor: Accounts Payable, the position of Accounts Payable Clerk will be responsible for performing the accounts payable function consisting of the management and processing of invoices, processing corporate cards, payment runs and liaising with suppliers and customers.
The function also assists in ensuring accounts payable guidelines and policies are followed whilst providing support services to administrative staff and other team members to enable efficient operation of the team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- acting as the first point of call for accounts payable queries
- processing the following in the system accurately and within assigned timeframes:
- Accounts payable data entry
- electronic funds transfers
- year-end accounting duties
- vendor maintenance
- reconciling monthly creditor statements and following up on variances/unpaid invoices
- ensuring invoice details are processed with accurate data with a correlating purchase order and compliant with GST legislation.
To be successful in this position, you must possess:
- minimum 2 years’ experience in a Finance related support role including but not limited to accounts payable
- basic understanding of the double entry system (Debits and Credits)
- knowledge of GST requirements and Tax Invoices
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- good analytical and problem solving skills
- invoice processing skills
- strong attention to detail and ability to prioritise work and meet strict deadlines
- highly developed organisational skills and good record keeping
- ability to work in a team and work under limited direction
- advanced PC skills including CIA, Excel and Google Docs
- good decision making skills.
What We Offer
- flexible working arrangements/hybrid workplace
- offering a salary of $72,175 + super and salary packaging.
- the ability to build your career in a multi-disciplined business environment
- a supportive team committed to work-life balance.
To apply for this position please click APPLY NOW and follow the prompts.
For any internal candidates please apply via your ‘Careers tile’ in Employee Self Service.
To support your application, you will be required to provide:
- your current resume
- cover letter highlighting your experience in meeting the responsibilities of this role.
If you encounter technical issues or for any general enquiries please contact the People & Culture Services team on (02) 9568 8297 (8am-5pm Mon-Fri) and quote position number 2239.
Working With Children Check (WWCC)
This role is classified as child-related work and therefore requires a WWCC clearance prior to commencement of employment.It involves a national criminal history check and a review of findings of workplace misconduct. Also, as a permanent position, you need to be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
COVID-19 VACCINATION EVIDENCE
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is committed to ensuring the safety of our staff, students and school communities. In line with SCS’ COVID-19 Policy, all staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (or subsequent variants) or have an approved medical contraindication which prevents them from receiving any dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine in order to work at or with a school, in central office or at any other location at which work is carried out by SCS. Compliance with this policy and providing evidence of vaccination is an essential requirement of employment.
To know and love Christ through learning.
Thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning.
Truth, empathy, excellence, curiosity, and collaboration.