Location: World Square, 680 George Street, Sydney (agile working environment with a hybrid of work-from-home and office)
Commencement Date: Immediate Start (or by negotiation)
Closing Date: Thursday, 11 August 2022
Capacity: Permanent, Full-time
Number of positions: 1
Catholic schools have been delivering excellence in education to Sydney school students for 200 years. SCS continues to be a thriving and growing contemporary educational community with over 150 schools, more than 71,000 current students, 10,000 staff, and a large alumni community.
We are an inclusive organisation looking for people who have the willingness to respect, support, and uphold the mission, ethos, and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of Sydney Catholic Schools.
Exciting role impacting digital transformation, the Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for maintaining both on-premise computer server hardware/software and cloud-based workloads and providing operational management and support tasks to the enterprise.
With a goal of providing effective and efficient technical support, maintaining ICT systems, applications and systems operation documentation, your main deliverables include:
- Administer and support SCS ICT systems solutions (on-premises or cloud-based)
- Professionally and efficiently respond to ICT incidents and service requests.
- Develop and maintain the ICT on-premises and cloud services operational support policies, processes and procedures.
- Develop and maintain system integrations.
- Regularly audit, review and update all systems design and operation documentation.
- Contribute and participate in the ICT change and problem management processes.
- Ensure both the on-premise systems and cloud solutions support contemporary teaching and learning best practices.
*Please note that this role is referred to as Technical Specialist: Cloud and Systems, internally within SCS.
With strong attention to detail, and excellent communication skills, you will have at a minimum:
- Australia Tertiary qualifications equivalent of AQF level 7 (Bachelor degree) in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology
- Proven extensive hands-on experience in building and supporting enterprise on-premises or cloud-based ICT systems
- Microsoft Certified Solution Associate (MCSA) in Windows Server 2012/2016
- Microsoft Certified Associate certification in Microsoft Azure
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) certification
- Proven extensive hands-on experience in development and the operational management of the following programming languages:
- Windows PowerShell
- ITIL v3/v4 Foundation Certificate
Benefits to you
- NFP salary packaging of up to $15,900 every FBT year.
- Flexible start and finish times and the ability to work from home a couple of days per week
- New office space based in World Square
- Collaborative and supportive team
- Additional leave days
To apply for this position please click the APPLY button and follow the prompts.
Alternatively, if you are an SCS employee, please apply via the ‘careers’ tile in PHRIS.
To support your application, you will be required to provide:
- Your current resume
- Cover letter addressing the above selection criteria
Closing Date: Thursday, 11 August at 11.59 pm
If you encounter technical issues or for any general enquiries please contact the People & Culture Services team on (02) 9568 8297 (Mon-Fri).
Working With Children Check (WWCC)
This role is classified as child-related work and therefore requires a WWCC clearance prior to commencement of employment.
To know and love Christ through learning.
Thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning.
Truth, empathy, excellence, curiosity and collaboration