Catholic schools have been delivering excellence in education to Sydney school students for 200 years. Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) continues to be a thriving and growing contemporary educational community with over 150 schools, more than 71,000 current students, 10,000 staff and a large alumni community.
RELIGIOUS EDUCATION COORDINATOR l K-6 l 242 Students
St Anthony’s Catholic Primary School, Marsfield
Commencement Date: Term 1, 27 January 2023
Closing Date: Monday, 15 August 2022
As a member of the school leadership team, an exciting opportunity exists for a Religious Education Coordinator who will share responsibility for the development of the Catholic life of the school, leadership of its vision, mission and strategic priorities and contribution to the management of the school. This role has delegated responsibility for the coordination and supervision of teaching and learning in Religious Education. We are looking for an outstanding educator with a well-developed capacity to take forward the evangelising mission of Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
St Anthony’s Catholic Primary School Marsfield is a caring and vibrant Catholic Community committed to the development of the whole person. In preparing students for their future, we ignite each child’s passion to achieve: academically, spiritually, physically, creatively and emotionally. Our school motto “Let Your Light Shine” permeates the life of the school. We strive to live out the Gospel values of Jesus each day in a supportive and caring environment that acknowledges and celebrates the gifts and talents of all those in the Community – children, teachers and parents so that they can make a difference in the world in which we live.
The successful candidate for this position will be a highly effective Catholic leader who:
- is a committed Catholic who understands the evangelising mission of Catholic schools
- is a leader of Catholic identity and mission at a school and/or system level
- is committed to working closely with the priests and the parish community
- can lead the preparation of liturgies and celebrations
- is able to lead Religious Education in all aspects of curriculum development and implementation
- is a strong, contemporary leader of learning, with the capacity to lead change and demonstrate contemporary pedagogy that focuses on improving student learning
- is a person who can effectively communicate with a variety of stakeholders and build relationships
- can analyse and use data to inform learning and engage in future planning
- has an understanding of, and ability to differentiate, curriculum
- has the ability to work collaboratively across all stages
- is adaptable in working within a ‘shared-leadership’ model.
The successful candidate will also possess the following qualifications:
- has completed, or has evidence of, study toward a Graduate Diploma or Master of Religious Education,Theology or Theological Studies from an approved institution
- has requirements of (Category E) in the Accreditation Policy to Work Teach and Lead in Sydney Catholic Schools or agree to meet these requirements in your first contract term
- demonstrates the standard descriptors at lead teacher level, in accordance with the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
- post graduate units of study in leadership (advantageous).
Submit your application via the ‘Apply’ button and follow the steps to complete.
To complete the application process you will need to attach:
For any enquiries, please contact the Mission and Identity team by emailing email@example.com.
Working With Children Check (WWCC)
This role is classified as child-related work and therefore requires a WWCC clearance prior to commencement of employment.
To know and love Christ through learning.
Thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning.
Truth, empathy, excellence, curiosity and collaboration.