Strings, Woodwind and Brass
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is looking for passionate and enthusiastic Instrumental Tutors to join our growing Amadeus Music Education Program. We have flexible opportunities available to enable and inspire our students through Music.
We are looking for outstanding individuals to deliver SCS Primary and Secondary Instrumental Music Program within a number of schools:
- North Sydney Harbour Area: (Lane Cove, Mosman, North Sydney, Balmain/Rozelle, Rose Bay, Leichhardt, Paddington, Waverley, Woollahra, Glebe, Bondi, Erskineville)
- Horsley Area: (Cabramatta, Fairfield, Holsworthy, Liverpool, Moorebank, Wakeley, Smithfield and Villawood)
Reporting through the Education and Research Directorate and directly to Principals, working across a number of schools, you will be responsible for guiding and directing students in an extensive Instrumental Music Program. You will have demonstrated the ability to inspire young people to play an instrument and perform.
Your major accountabilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Delivery of the SCS Instrumental Music program, linked to the contexts studied within Classroom Music
- Teaching small group tuition within a family of instruments (Strings, Woodwind or Brass)
- Leading and conducting instrumental ensembles according to the area of expertise- ensembles may include but are not limited to: String Ensemble, Concert Band and Orchestra.
- Working collaboratively with leadership teams, other Instrumental Tutors and Primary and Secondary Music Teachers to ensure the smooth running of school performances and events
- Identification of maintenance required on instruments and providing basic maintenance where possible
- Assisting with the allocation, distribution and collection of instruments with regards to instrument maintenance
- Other administrative tasks as required
- Experienced and highly skilled musician and tutor
- Ability to work in a team across multiple schools
- Ability to inspire young people to find their passion in Music
- Ability to motivate all students at differing levels of ability and implement appropriate adjustments and differentiation where required
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Willingness to work outside regular school hours for performances and events
- A willingness to support the Catholic ethos of Sydney Catholic Schools, and to coordinate music required for masses and liturgical celebrations when required
- A Tertiary Qualification in Music, or currently studying Music at Tertiary level
- Experience in conducting ensembles
- Experience in staging performance events
- Proficiency with the Google Suite, including Google Sites.
- The Salary for this role is annually $92,203 + Super (pro-rata based on contracted hours)
- Successful applicants are entitled to paid leave, school holiday periods and superannuation.
- These positions require travel within a Network of schools usually within a close distance- adequate travel time will be provided.
To apply for this position please click APPLY NOW
Within your application please provide the following:
- A one-page Cover Letter which outlines how you meet the criteria above
- A resume
- Please indicate your area preference by listing the Network(s) in which you are prepared to teach: Horsley or North Sydney Harbour
If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via firstname.lastname@example.org
Working with Children Check
This role is classified as a child-related work endeavour and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us
To know and love Christ through learning
To foster thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching
Empathy, curiosity, excellence, collaboration and truth.