Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is looking for passionate and enthusiastic Classroom Music Teachers to join our growing Amadeus Music Education Program. We have multiple flexible opportunities available over one to five days to enable and inspire our students through Music.
We are looking for exceptional individuals to deliver quality Music Education to schools within a number of schools:
- North Sydney Harbour: Area (Lane Cove, Mosman, North Sydney, Balmain/Rozelle, Rose Bay, Leichhardt, Paddington, Waverley, Woollahra, Glebe, Bondi, Erskineville)
- Horsley Area: (Cabramatta, Fairfield, Holsworthy, Liverpool, Moorebank, Wakeley, Smithfield and Villawood)
- East Hills Area: (Bankstown, Bass Hill, Georges Hall, Milperra, Padstow, Panania and Revesby)
- City West Area: (Annandale, Dulwich Hill, Marrickville, Enmore, Summer Hill, Stanmore)
Reporting to the School Principal, you will be responsible for providing excellence in the teaching and learning of music.
Your major accountabilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Delivery of the SCS Music program in the classroom
- Partnering and collaborating with various stakeholders including Instrumental Tutors and Classroom Teachers to organise performances and music for school events
- Assisting with the distribution and collection of instruments to students
- Maintaining a high level of accountability for the teaching of students and overall learning of music
- An enthusiastic Music Educator, driven to inspire children to explore music in the areas of listening, composing and performing
- Ability and willingness to lead instrumental or vocal ensembles in their area of expertise
- Practice informed by a knowledge of contemporary educational research on how students best learn
- Confident with the use of relevant technologies
- Tertiary qualifications in the area of Music Education or Primary/Secondary Education with extensive Music experience and/or qualifications
- Experience as a Classroom Music Teacher in Primary or Secondary schools
- Ability to contribute to high quality student performances
- Willingness to work outside regular school hours (eg for performances or eisteddfods)
- Experienced and skilled musician
- Ability to work collaboratively with the Music Faculty across schools
- A willingness to support the Catholic ethos of Sydney Catholic Schools, and to contribute to music required for masses and liturgical celebrations when required
To apply for this position please click on the APPLY NOW button.
Within your application please provide the following:
- A one-page Cover Letter which outlines how you meet the criteria above
- A resume
- Please indicate your area preference by listing the Network(s) in which you are prepared to teach: Horsley, North Sydney Harbour, East Hills or City West.
If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via email@example.com
Working with Children Check
This role is classified as a child-related work endeavour and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
To know and love Christ through learning
To foster thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching
Empathy, curiosity, excellence, collaboration and truth.