- Generous salary – permanent contract
- Work for a not-for-profit organisation with plenty of career progression
- Great Work-Life-Balance and flexibility
We are currently seeking a great Leader to run our Before and After School care service at Galilee Catholic Primary School, Bondi. Immediate Start!
Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services (SCECS) is a not-for-profit service catering for children and families from our Catholic schools and local community. SCECS currently operates Outside School Hours Care and Early Childhood services at several Catholic schools and Parishes within the Sydney Archdiocese.
We are currently seeking an experienced childcare worker for our before & after-school care service on the beautiful grounds of Galilee Catholic Primary School in Bondi. You will be looking after and caring for children within the age range of 5-12.
- Above Award salary package
- Opportunity to work with an nurturing, growing network of Early Childhood Centres
- A well-resourced shared space within the grounds of a beautiful Catholic School
- A conscious and driven effort to encourage continuous learning and development of all staff and students
- Career progression opportunities within service and other opportunities across the company
- Can be flexible with hours and encouraging of the referral of like-minded, skilled professionals as the network continues to grow
- Be the responsible person for the service
- Under the guidance and support of the SCECS management team, provide a safe OSHC service for staff and children in an all-inclusive professional team environment
- Maintain children attendance and casual bookings schedules to ensure child safety and supervision
- Supervise other educators, ensuring they understand and perform in-service responsibilities
- Design and implement engaging educational programs with observations and reflection journals
- Create opportunities to share children’s participation and engagement in programs with families
- Maintain strong relationships with families and the school community
- Ensure high quality, stimulating, safe and clean environments are maintained at all times
- Hold a NSW Working with children check, or be willing to obtain
- Previous experience working with children
- Excellent communication skills
- Qualifications in Child Education and Care -Completed or be on your way to completing a Cert III, Diploma in Children’s Services or Bachelor of Education or equivalent
- Consent to undertaking responsible person role for the services.
- Hold certificate of training in child protection, e.g. ‘Identify and Respond to children and young people’ certificate or ‘Supporting the rights and safety of children and young people’ certificate, or be willing to obtain
- First Aid, CPR, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Management (HTAID004), or be willing to obtain
Applicants must formalise their application by submitting a resume and a covering letter addressing suitability for the role to email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 13th December 2019