Location: Central Office, Leichhardt
Commencement Date: 27 January 2020 or by negotiation
Closing Date: Wednesday 20th November
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is seeking an experienced senior leader who believes passionately in our vision and purpose and can work and thrive in a multi-disciplinary environment. The newly created position will have responsibility for leading all financial and property management activities for SCS to ensure that financial and physical assets are being appropriately used and maintained.
The Director: Finance and Property will report to the Executive Director and is part of the Executive Leadership team of SCS.
The successful candidate will drive and lead the development of strategic and capital planning as SCS moves into a period of growth and transformation. They will think and act strategically about the creative and sustainable use of financial and physical resources in order to shape future school design.
- Strong commitment to the Catholic faith and SCS vision, mission and values;
- Senior leadership experience as a Chief Financial Officer with extensive experience in establishing efficient and effective finance processes;
- Strong understanding of government funding sources, compliance and requirements related to Catholic Education;
- Strong experience in capital investments and decision making for physical asset-intensive environments;
- The communication, interpersonal and relational skills to work collaboratively as part of an executive team and influence a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders;
- Strong experience in major capital works programmes from the planning and conceptual stage through to the building, commissioning and occupation process; and
- Chartered Accountant or Certified Practicing Accountant qualified combined with a track record of ongoing personal and professional learning. Master Business Administration qualification is desirable.
Sydney Catholic Schools Limited is responsible for the leadership, efficient operation and management of 152 parish primary schools and regional secondary colleges in the Archdiocese of Sydney which educate approximately 70,000 students. SCS’s main focus is providing support for schools and helping to ensure that every student receives a high-quality Catholic education.
For further information about this position please contact Michael Hopkinson, Head: System Improvement, Sydney Catholic Schools on 9568 8640 or via email to email@example.com.
Applications consisting of a one-page cover letter outlining your merits for the role and your resume are to be sent to CCER at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Applications will need to include Parish Priest contact details in order to be considered for shortlisting.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as child-related work and therefore a current working with children check (WWCC) is required.